Discussions By Condition: Muscle conditions

Bone disorder

Posted In: Muscle conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 8, 2006
  • 10:54 PM

Hello, I am a 19 year-old male and when i was about 12 years old i was diagnosed with osggod's-slaughter(spelling?) disease which affects the connective tissue in the kneecap. I am posting now beacuse it has become extremely apparant to me that my right leg and indeed almost everything on the right side of my body is shorter, smaller or thinner then everything on my left. It feels like the right side of my body just has not grown as much as my left causing an awkward gate and difficulty in getting air into my right lung. I also notice possible abnormalities in my facial structure in that the right side of my face feels condensed or smaller then the left side. Also there is a feeling of restriction in the right testical.
This problems has been going on for over a year now, notticabely and i Believe began sometime in the spring of 2005. It drives me to extreme mental turmoil and inhibits my ability greatly to take part in activites i used to love. If anyone could suggest a diagnosis or even what type of doctor to see to obtain a diagnosis(for i have no idea) it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • Hi Scot,Though I know nothing about the condition you suffer I recently have been investigating diseases and conditions associated with growth hormone deficiency (GHD) and deficiency of insulin like growth factor - 1 (IGF-1) deficiency in order to better understand my own insulin resistance syndrome (IRS) and possible deficiency in GH and IGHF-1. From my research and study I know IRS, GHD and IGHF-1 affect greatly bone and muscle mass. I suffer muscle wasting.To have half of your body not developing suggests a genetic problem, but it may be beneficial to find out if you have any insulin overproduction, growth hormone deficiency or imbalance with IGF-1, and whether a suppliment of L-Arginine that stimulates GH and IGF-1 may be of benefit (or of course any treatment suggested by an endocrinologist). It has halted my muscle wasting and I hope this is not a temporary situation of course.To test for IRS, GHD or IGF-1 you will need to have a ITT (insulin tolerance test).I wish you all the best and hope you get this, I have only recently joined this forum. I can well imagine how distressing your condition is and hope you find some answers.Agape,searchingsam
    searchingsam 54 Replies
    • December 8, 2006
    • 00:15 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.