There is a viral infection (possibly a new human virus) that is going around and, amongst other symptoms, causes wrinkly skin and neurological changes.
Here is an account of how this persistent virus infection, that started simply as a bad sore throat, gradually infected my whole body.
I caught this virus a several years ago. Being in excellent health, I thought nothing of it. Some weeks later, however, my throat did not clear up, and the infection was slowly spreading down my wind pipe.
A month later, it had spread further. My nose and sinuses were starting to get infected, producing heavy, thick mucus. My lungs became infected, with a mild cough, and my stomach became infected, and started aching a little, making bubbling sounds.
My gums got attacked: my gum line rapidly receded, exposing previously covered areas of my teeth.
Another month later, “pins and needles” sensations appeared all over body, especially in my legs.
Then some strange mental symptoms began. These psychological symptoms started with an onset of shy, social aversion, where I was tense and uncomfortable with friends, family, and in public. I became mentally frail, and so avoided social contact more and more because of this.
Next, a profound apathy and mental laziness developed. The apathy was towards all sorts of activities. I lost all interest in the usual pleasures of life (anhedonia); nothing seemed worth doing. Very little seemed pleasurable, and I ended up just not bothering. Previously, I was a very motivated person, always enthusiastic. There was also a huge physical tiredness that appeared at this time.
I had no idea that a virus could cause such powerful personality changes.
About 18 months after first catching this virus, a wrinkling of the skin all over my body became apparent, and this worsens each year. This wrinkling of the skin looks like a medical condition called Wrinkly Skin Syndrome. The wrinkling is prominent on the tops of the hands, but effects the whole body. Within a couple of years, the skin is prematurely aged.
Also at 18 months, muscular flaccidity with joint looseness (especially in legs and hips) begin to manifest. It seems that the virus is attacking connective tissue, or else is creating neuromuscular problems. This causes in walking gait changes, and a shuffling gait develops, like the walk of an elderly person.
A fearful feature of this virus is its persistence. It is not cleared from the body, but remains active, and its symptoms appear to be progressive. The mental state changes are permanent, and the skin wrinkling and muscular flaccidity get worse over time.
This infection is probably a virus (rather than a bacterial disease), since three separate bacterial cultures showed negative results.
HERE ARE THE FEATURES OF THIS VIRUS:-
• Transmitted person-to-person, via saliva/nasal secretions.
• Incubation period can be as fast as 8 hours.
• The virus spreads to all members of a household within a period of six to twelve months.
• Prodrome: the infection starts either: with a sore pharynx & soft palette and cough (there is very little sputum) which takes hold for many months and never fully goes away; or as a gastric upset, with vomiting and diarrhoea, lasting for around two or three days, without much fever, and with NO signs of rash.
• The virus can cause a persistent runny nose, with thick, congested mucus. The virus can also produce a chronic sore throat (with very little sputum).
• About one or two months afer the intial infection, powerful and permanent mental state changes arise (depression, deep fatigue, profound apathy, anhedonia, social withdrawl, and mild dementia). These mental state changes are the most disturbing characteristic of the wrinkly skin virus.
• Since this virus can cause a persistent sore throat and nasal secretions, an infected person can pass on this virus to other people at any time.
• About eighteen months after the initial infection, the signs of skin wrinkling are first noticed (the wrinkles start first on the top of the hands, but the whole body is effected. In addition, joint looseness and muscular flaccidity appear around about this time. The joint and muscular looseness cover to the whole body, but are most noticeable in the legs and hips. After the wrinkling starts, within a couple of years, a significant amount of wrinkles accumulate, causing ageing of the skin. This skin wrinkling is more prominent in older people, perhaps because their immune systems are weaker. But younger people succumb to these rapid-onset wrinkles too.
What is this mystery virus? Possibly it might be a Coxsackie virus or Echovirus? However, the wrinkly skin symptom is not mentioned in any medical literature of wrinkly skin associated with infections from these viruses.
It has infected many friends and acquaintances, and spreads quite quickly.
If anyone can help precisely identify this ‘Wrinkly Skin Virus’, please let me know. All leads, hints, suggestions or speculations are welcome.
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?