!!!!!!!!!SORRY SO LONG BUT I NEED ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!THE DOCTORS DO NOT HAVE THEM!!!!!!
Could I have Lupus or Addison's Disease or something else (I do not know)!!!
I do know that persons with Endometriosis have autoimmune disorders & I am wondering if I have some sort of Autoimmune disorder that the physician has not been able to diagnose yet. I also have a family history of Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Sjogrens Syndrome, Dementia, etc.
I have been having problems ever since I was about 18 or 19 years old. I am now 33 years old (SO YOUNG TO BE HAVING THESE PROBLEMS). I went off birth control about 2 years ago & that is when the serious pain & more problems started. I found out I had Endometriosis. I had excision surgery for that recently, but I still have problems that have not went away (I thought the problems were all related to the Endometriosis but apparently not.
1) Pain that flares into my sides & back: (& my middle back behind my rib cage)---It comes & goes. Sometimes it last for days & different times throughout the day & sometimes it only flares up maybe once a week.
2) Swelling in my feet: If I have walked around too much & stood too long. This comes & goes.
3) Dry cough: I have had a continuous dry cough for about a year now that just comes & goes (I thought at first it might be just allergies & I am not going to an allergy doctor to take medicine just for allergies). I never cough up anything. It could be related though. I do not know.
4) Dizziness from time to time: Things that make it worse (leaning over too long & being in the heat too long). I get it at other times too. And, when I was pregnant both times it was extremely bad (I almost could not stand it).
5) Having miscarriages: I have had 2 (One time I was 2 weeks along. The other time I was supposed to be 9 weeks along & ended up being 6 weeks along). I was told this was not due to Endometriosis because I was able to get pregnant. 3 doctors told me that Endometriosis only causes infertility & not miscarriages.
6) Tingling in my right hand (sometimes in my left but not as bad): Not as if my hand is asleep. It is more like I can't use my hand. I can be holding a glass & I just drop it. I will be writing at work & have to stop & shake my hand because it just starts getting kinda numb, tired & weak (it is a really weird feeling)-----This is getting worse as I get older.
7) Chronic fatigue: I am tired ALL THE TIME. I can take naps & sleep in & I am still tired. I do not take naps & I am still tired. No matter what I do I am still tired all the time. I sometimes almost fall asleep at the wheel because I am too tired to stay awake. This is very difficult at work.
8) Concentration & Memory problems: I am having problems concentrating at work. I cannot seem to focus & constantly lose track of what I am doing (I used to be very good & I graduated with honors at my high school with a scholorship & now I am losing my memory). I constantly lose things & literally cannot remember where I put them. I am already on my 4th or 5th (I can't remember) drivers license. I constantly lose bills & cannot remember if I have paid them or not, so my husband has to take care of bills. I used to read dozens of books. Now I cannot read a book because I cannot remember from one day to the next what I have read so I have to end up reading it all over again & I never get finished with the book. I was driving the other day & literally did not know where I was. As if I had a black out or something (Very frightening).
9) Irratability & crying spells: Seems like a hormonal thing. I can be fine one minute & then start arguing the next (This has been going on for several years & keeps getting worse). Then after I start arguing I start crying because I felt so bad for arguing in the first place. It is uncontrollable. Could be depression because of all my medical problems. I do not know.
10) Horrible Itching: I do not get a rash. There are just times that I itch SOOO bad that I cannot stand it (It comes & goes too). It can be anywhere on my body. Most of the times though it is on my buttock & legs. I scratch so much that I leave welps & it still does not get rid of the itching.
11) Hyperpigmentation: I have always had these like birthmarks all over my body & I was never concerned about them. However, they started getting darker & darker over the years. Then recently all of a sudden this hyperpigmentation mark just appeared on my neck out of nowhere. I do not know what caused it. I have looked at pictures of Addison's & do not see any pictures that match up to what I have (but everybodys case can be different--I do not know).
12) Shortness of breath: I get this from time to time. It happens the most when I try to do alot of walking, shopping or climbing up stairs. I have smoked before but only socially (Ever since I was born I may have only smoked 4 packs of cigarettes in my life). No one around me smokes either.
13) Chest Pain: Stabbing sensations in my chest. They come & go. I do not know what is causing them. I just think most of the time it might possibly be heartburn so I do not even ask the doctor.
14) Not being able to eat certain foods: Sometimes I feel like I am pregnant 24/7. This has been going on for about 2 years. I just can't stand the smell of meats & at times I cannot eat meat at all. There are times I only crave salty food & cannot eat anything else. It is very weird. I really hate it.
I have been to every doctor that you can think of & have had practically every test. I do know however that I was tested for Lupus about a year ago & everything came up negative (not sure if that can happen with Lupus or not---however I am in the process right now of seeing a Rheumatologist to see if I have Lupus or not).
The problem I am having is that I think I might have Addison's disease. I thought that I had it over a year ago (However I saw a Endocrinologist one time & he did a few tests & said I did not have it). I still thought I had symptoms but stopped thinking about it when I was told that I had Endometriosis. Then I had the Endometriosis excision surgery & my symptoms continued. I went back onto this website & everything led back again to Addison's disease.
It is hard to figure out what I might have.
I unfortunately have no more time from work to miss to keep going from doctor to doctor so I do not know what to do.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU THINK YOU KNOW WHAT I HAVE?????
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?