!!!!!!!!!SORRY SO LONG BUT I NEED ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!THE DOCTORS DO NOT HAVE THEM!!!!!!
Could I have Lupus or Addison's Disease or something else (I do not know)!!!
I do know that persons with Endometriosis have autoimmune disorders & I am wondering if I have some sort of Autoimmune disorder that the physician has not been able to diagnose yet. I also have a family history of Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Sjogrens Syndrome, Dementia, etc.
I have been having problems ever since I was about 18 or 19 years old. I am now 33 years old (SO YOUNG TO BE HAVING THESE PROBLEMS). I went off birth control about 2 years ago & that is when the serious pain & more problems started. I found out I had Endometriosis. I had excision surgery for that recently, but I still have problems that have not went away (I thought the problems were all related to the Endometriosis but apparently not.
1) Pain that flares into my sides & back: (& my middle back behind my rib cage)---It comes & goes. Sometimes it last for days & different times throughout the day & sometimes it only flares up maybe once a week.
2) Swelling in my feet: If I have walked around too much & stood too long. This comes & goes.
3) Dry cough: I have had a continuous dry cough for about a year now that just comes & goes (I thought at first it might be just allergies & I am not going to an allergy doctor to take medicine just for allergies). I never cough up anything. It could be related though. I do not know.
4) Dizziness from time to time: Things that make it worse (leaning over too long & being in the heat too long). I get it at other times too. And, when I was pregnant both times it was extremely bad (I almost could not stand it).
5) Having miscarriages: I have had 2 (One time I was 2 weeks along. The other time I was supposed to be 9 weeks along & ended up being 6 weeks along). I was told this was not due to Endometriosis because I was able to get pregnant. 3 doctors told me that Endometriosis only causes infertility & not miscarriages.
6) Tingling in my right hand (sometimes in my left but not as bad): Not as if my hand is asleep. It is more like I can't use my hand. I can be holding a glass & I just drop it. I will be writing at work & have to stop & shake my hand because it just starts getting kinda numb, tired & weak (it is a really weird feeling)-----This is getting worse as I get older.
7) Chronic fatigue: I am tired ALL THE TIME. I can take naps & sleep in & I am still tired. I do not take naps & I am still tired. No matter what I do I am still tired all the time. I sometimes almost fall asleep at the wheel because I am too tired to stay awake. This is very difficult at work.
8) Concentration & Memory problems: I am having problems concentrating at work. I cannot seem to focus & constantly lose track of what I am doing (I used to be very good & I graduated with honors at my high school with a scholorship & now I am losing my memory). I constantly lose things & literally cannot remember where I put them. I am already on my 4th or 5th (I can't remember) drivers license. I constantly lose bills & cannot remember if I have paid them or not, so my husband has to take care of bills. I used to read dozens of books. Now I cannot read a book because I cannot remember from one day to the next what I have read so I have to end up reading it all over again & I never get finished with the book. I was driving the other day & literally did not know where I was. As if I had a black out or something (Very frightening).
9) Irratability & crying spells: Seems like a hormonal thing. I can be fine one minute & then start arguing the next (This has been going on for several years & keeps getting worse). Then after I start arguing I start crying because I felt so bad for arguing in the first place. It is uncontrollable. Could be depression because of all my medical problems. I do not know.
10) Horrible Itching: I do not get a rash. There are just times that I itch SOOO bad that I cannot stand it (It comes & goes too). It can be anywhere on my body. Most of the times though it is on my buttock & legs. I scratch so much that I leave welps & it still does not get rid of the itching.
11) Hyperpigmentation: I have always had these like birthmarks all over my body & I was never concerned about them. However, they started getting darker & darker over the years. Then recently all of a sudden this hyperpigmentation mark just appeared on my neck out of nowhere. I do not know what caused it. I have looked at pictures of Addison's & do not see any pictures that match up to what I have (but everybodys case can be different--I do not know).
12) Shortness of breath: I get this from time to time. It happens the most when I try to do alot of walking, shopping or climbing up stairs. I have smoked before but only socially (Ever since I was born I may have only smoked 4 packs of cigarettes in my life). No one around me smokes either.
13) Chest Pain: Stabbing sensations in my chest. They come & go. I do not know what is causing them. I just think most of the time it might possibly be heartburn so I do not even ask the doctor.
14) Not being able to eat certain foods: Sometimes I feel like I am pregnant 24/7. This has been going on for about 2 years. I just can't stand the smell of meats & at times I cannot eat meat at all. There are times I only crave salty food & cannot eat anything else. It is very weird. I really hate it.
I have been to every doctor that you can think of & have had practically every test. I do know however that I was tested for Lupus about a year ago & everything came up negative (not sure if that can happen with Lupus or not---however I am in the process right now of seeing a Rheumatologist to see if I have Lupus or not).
The problem I am having is that I think I might have Addison's disease. I thought that I had it over a year ago (However I saw a Endocrinologist one time & he did a few tests & said I did not have it). I still thought I had symptoms but stopped thinking about it when I was told that I had Endometriosis. Then I had the Endometriosis excision surgery & my symptoms continued. I went back onto this website & everything led back again to Addison's disease.
It is hard to figure out what I might have.
I unfortunately have no more time from work to miss to keep going from doctor to doctor so I do not know what to do.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU THINK YOU KNOW WHAT I HAVE?????