Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

turpentine poisoning through ingestion

Posted In: Medical Stories 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • June 23, 2013
  • 06:29 PM

I accidently drank about 4 ozs. of turpentine that was stored in a plastic water bottle. After a week in the hospital treating aspiration pneumonia, I was released with a clear x-ray - weak but ok. Five months later, I have flare-ups of swollen eyes, itchy red skin and general fatigue. Sometimes my vision is blurry and facial skin is extremely dry. I have been checked by eye doctor, retina specialist, dermatolgists and tested for allergies. No allergies, healthy eyes and no reason for problem. I cannot find long term effects of turpentine poisoning. Help please! Has anyone had any experience with this?

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.

Signs of a Psoriasis Flare

Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.

How Diabetes Medications Affect Your Appetite

Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.

What to Do For Dry Mouth

Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.

The Painkiller – Constipation Connection

Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.

9 Signs of Sensitive Skin

Is it sensitive skin or something else?