I know people don't read novels on the Internet so here's the cliff notes:
- Age 25 male, 180lbs. Healthy, exercise. Blue collar job.
- Began feeling random tooth "sensations" for about a week.
- Saw dentist, X-Ray, said sinus infection: given antibiotics.
- No change. Halloween weekend INTENSE 10/10 pain. Whole weekend was true ***l.
- Saw doctor/dentist that Monday. Nerve blocks calm the pain and allow sleep. Doctor says typical "trigeminal neuralgia"
- Rx'd carbamazepine. No change, took for 6 months.
- Rx'd Klonopin. Helps at night but is strictly a night time drug.
- Saw Neurosurgeon and ENT who redx'd with "atypical trigeminal neuritis" due to lack of relief periods. My pain/feeling is 24/7.
- Nerve blocks 6 times over 2 months. Lidocaine/marcaine - No relief after it wore off.
- Got insurance back (yay), Rx'd Lyrica. Will start it tomorrow night.
One tooth (Bottom, to the right of the vampire tooth, right side) has random sensations/pain. Not dental as 3 X-rays proved the tooth is fine. Dentist recommends root canal/crown but TN sufferers suggest against this as it may cause more pain.
If I wiggle the tooth I get more sensations/feeling.
I never had this issue before October 2010. Other triggers are cold (less than 50F) temperatures outside.