I know people don't read novels on the Internet so here's the cliff notes:
- Age 25 male, 180lbs. Healthy, exercise. Blue collar job.
- Began feeling random tooth "sensations" for about a week.
- Saw dentist, X-Ray, said sinus infection: given antibiotics.
- No change. Halloween weekend INTENSE 10/10 pain. Whole weekend was true ***l.
- Saw doctor/dentist that Monday. Nerve blocks calm the pain and allow sleep. Doctor says typical "trigeminal neuralgia"
- Rx'd carbamazepine. No change, took for 6 months.
- Rx'd Klonopin. Helps at night but is strictly a night time drug.
- Saw Neurosurgeon and ENT who redx'd with "atypical trigeminal neuritis" due to lack of relief periods. My pain/feeling is 24/7.
- Nerve blocks 6 times over 2 months. Lidocaine/marcaine - No relief after it wore off.
- Got insurance back (yay), Rx'd Lyrica. Will start it tomorrow night.
One tooth (Bottom, to the right of the vampire tooth, right side) has random sensations/pain. Not dental as 3 X-rays proved the tooth is fine. Dentist recommends root canal/crown but TN sufferers suggest against this as it may cause more pain.
If I wiggle the tooth I get more sensations/feeling.
I never had this issue before October 2010. Other triggers are cold (less than 50F) temperatures outside.
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?