Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

pain behind knee

Posted In: Medical Stories 3 Replies
  • Posted By: curlysue0071
  • August 15, 2008
  • 03:41 AM

i have throbbing pain behind knee. it gets intense a few timesd a day.
i was rushed to hospital with the pain, but they found no clot or cyst.
my doctor said i must have just sprained it and it would go away with time. it hasn't. ive had pain for about a month. it feels like my nerve is been pulled by a knife. my job is looking after children and i kneel and bend alot.

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

  • I'm no expert but being a college football player I can tell you that bending over like you do numerous times of the day can make your knee get pretty irritated. I have the same problem with my knees an I had gotten physical therapy for this problem. my therapist told me that I can have runners knee, being i'm always on my knees and the motion from being down on your knees to coming back up basically doing a deep squat witch can make you inner muscle on your quad bigger then the outer muscle and can cause some major discomfort in your knees. If you like a can give you some small exercise that might help strengthen your knee so its not hurting as bad.let me know,Mike
    Cure My Sarquidosis 1 Replies
    • August 17, 2008
    • 07:22 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • hi yeah i think it might be from all the knelling and bending i do.i would like to give that excercise a go.
    curlysue0071 1 Replies
    • August 18, 2008
    • 07:09 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • My knees were very painful and limited my activities. Walking was difficult; pain with every step. Going downstairs was almost impossible–upstairs was no picnic, either. I also had a "pulling" sensation behind one knee. I had bilateral arthroscopic "de-briding" surgery where the surgeon cleans out torn cartilage, bone chips and foreign matter from the knee joint. That was three years ago. Today, after physical therapy and a continuing exercise program, I feel like a new person.I suggest seeing an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in knees.
    blue_skies 3 Replies
    • August 21, 2008
    • 03:40 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.