Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

Need a deeper voice

Posted In: Medical Stories 5 Replies
  • Posted By: chuksy
  • May 24, 2007
  • 11:53 PM


Its been ***l for me all this while when i talk cos i have a small voice-not particularly tiny but not manly enough.My friends just laugh at me.Its worse at some times in the month,that i almost talk like a female.
I dont know if there is any medication that can help improve and deepen my voice so i can sound more masculine.It sure affects my self confidence particullarly when am with girls.
Sometimes when i take minty sweets,it helps to deepen my voice just for
an hour or so.I want something more long lasting but not drastic.

Would greatly apreciate your respnse.


Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

  • Chusky I don't think there is any medication, but how old are you? Cala
    Cala1234 57 Replies Flag this Response
  • Am 25 yrs old and it does affect me pschologically
    chuksy 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • Chusky Have you ever asked your DR about it? The only thing I can think of that may help, is practice talking to yourself (by yourself) and speak from the diaphram. Cala
    Cala1234 57 Replies Flag this Response
  • You can try some exercices (I had the same problem and it has been resolved). There are some interesting websites about that but I think the best resource I found is the ebook "develop a deeper voice" available on Amazon (kindle format)
    the dragon 1 Replies
    • August 23, 2013
    • 03:25 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • First thing: Don't think about it while talking with people.As you know no one likes his own sound , , it is real...I have a friend having the same issue BUT he never ever cares or tries to find a solution….Encourage yourself to ignore listening to your sound while speaking. Also, as the above guy said " try some practice "GOOD LUCK
    Huraish 2 Replies
    • December 2, 2013
    • 00:50 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.