Initially I had ostio-arthritus. Both my knees were in painful condition. I got myself operated for a new left side knee. This worked and I was relieved of the pain in the left knee. However the pain in the right knee remained and was tried to be controled by pain killers.
In December 2010, I found some pimples on my right thigh. Since these were just small things I did not care for them. This was in mid december 2010. With time the small things grew and I could see about 0.75 inches dia black wound like things. Then I contacted a local doctor, who gave me some pills for curing the pimples (I call them pimples) and reducing the odema. However about 10 days treatment, did not give positive results. So I shifted to another Doctor. This man treated the wounds, with some intra-venus injections, on daily basis and bandage after cleaning them with piodene. After a week, havinng achieved no results, the doctor gave me antibiotic Capsules and advised creme bandage. With no results I contacted a Professor in a Govt. Hospital. His juniors first examined me and by minor operation removed the black crust from both the wounds and put bandage on them. Meanwhile on the advice of the Junior doctors I Got colored Ultrasound of the leg. The report, dated 8th February 2011, indicated:
"An incompetent perforator showing bi-directional flow is seen at the postero-medial aspect of right calf at the site of skin ulcer."
"Another incompetent perforator ---seen just above the margin of the 'above' ulcer.
Cutting short, the hospital people advised me surgery. However I somehow was not satisfied to add another wound on my leg.
Therefore before the surgery, I consulted a Homopaethic Doctor and got medicine from him. Now I am under his treatment.
(I got my right leg compound fractured in 1974 and the leg was not restored to its original position. I am 64 year old retired Civil Engineer. I am not diabatic but have mild blood pressure controlled by medicines.)
I need a decision whether to immedately go for a surgery or continue with the medicinal treatment including the one I am already having or otherrwise.
Read more at http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/blog.php?b=8593&ktrack=kcplink