Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

Is this the right place?

Posted In: Medical Stories 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Ozyman
  • February 6, 2008
  • 08:33 PM

Im after some advice regarding a lump I found in my right groin area.

I need to write a bit of history here...

Just before Chrsitmas I was helping my girlfried move out of her halls of residence, as you can expect she had a lot of stuff, most of which has ended up in my loft...This stuff we moved in suitcases, very heavy suitcases and which we had to lug around most of London and onto trains.

Normally I sit cross legged and about 3 weeks ago i got up a little too quickly and my right hip was really painful. I walked it off and thought nothing of it.
The next morning I woke and my leg was still hurting so I took some Ibuprofen as an anti-inflammatory.

A couple of days later my groin on the right side started to hurt, like i had somehow over-stretched my groin by sitting cross-legged. Took some anti-inflammatory's and the pain took a few days to go but did eventually.

I was left with a sensation of pulling over the area of my pelvis to my groin on the right hand side, and found that stretching helped ease it, so assuned it to be a pulled muscle. This has continued to imrove but is still persisting.

Tonight after a bath, i was examining myself for lumps in my testicles, which i regularly do and was checking the area around the groin and pelvis above the testicles and near the skin of the pubic region when i discovered a small, hard lump. The lump is slightly mobile (moves left to right only though) and is located on what feels like a vein or connecting tissue around the base of the scrotum/penis, not actually in the scrotal sac. As you can imagine this is very concerning for me as I haven't dicovered this lump an i would really appreciate any advice or information given.

Thanks in advance


Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

  • Hi Blaze, No its pretty small, about the size of a pop-corn kernel if not smaller!
    Ozyman 1 Replies
    • February 7, 2008
    • 09:46 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • If it's a hernia you will need surgery. Get to a doctor the sooner the better.
    Monsterlove 2921 Replies
    • February 7, 2008
    • 10:27 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.