Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

I think I was misdiagnosed.

Posted In: Medical Stories 1 Replies
  • Posted By: NatureBoy93
  • September 18, 2007
  • 11:30 PM

Alright, Ill first breifly introduce you to my moms overdramatic attitude towards her childrens action. My mom has had 3 husbands, and bares the children of 4 men. with her third and final, she had me and my twin sister. She and my dad used to get drunk alot and fight, it was alot fo stress for her oldest, who had to calm us down as they fought, so her oldest (Sarah) would run out to her friends house for a while. Sarah tried pot once or twice and wrote abotu it in her journal, and when my mom found out she sent her to rehab, making it sound like she was running away everynight to get stoned. When Sarah got back home my mom wouldnt let her go back to highschool, but eventually she got her GED.

Fastforward to when I was 6-7. Some kids where bullying me at school during recess, so I ran off and my freind came up behind me and grabbed me and I thought it was one of the kids and punched him in the face. I was suspended, and my mom (sure that there was somethign wrong with me) took me to a psychiatrist, and I was diagnosed with aspergers. I beleived I had aspergers, but now I dont. It doestn add up, I was sent there for accidentally punching my friend, and I was any other shy 6-7 year old boy, how could my behavior be proof of a mild case of aspergers . Ive met people with aspergers, I know Im not like them (at all!). My mom has forced me to take drugs, she socially isolates me, and she continues with her efforts to put me in "special" classes and programs. When I ask her to play basketball, she ignored me and 2 years later put me on a team where half of the teamates had downs syndrome. 2 of the pills made me hallucinate.
How can I prove my suspicion?

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • First, how old are you? If you are still in school, ask if they have an evaluation program, and tell them you would like to be re-evaluated, as you feel your diagnosis is not consistent with what you feel or experience.If you are out of school, contact your local health department and ask for a referral to a behavioral specialist to get an evaluation.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • September 28, 2007
    • 00:44 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.