Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

DR says I am old and it takes longer to heal from childbirth

Posted In: Medical Stories 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 13, 2009
  • 02:35 AM

I noticed some pain shortly after having my child that I had never experienced before with my previous children. I had pain that hurt in my pelvis, it hurt to walk, it was very painful to lift my legs to get dressed. I couldn't have intercourse with my husband because it caused so much pain.

I mentioned it to my doctor several times and several times I was told that I was an older woman and that it takes longer for older women to heal from childbirth. I was 37 years old when I had her. After over a year and going to a couple of different doctors, I finally had an NP order an xray for me. I was diagnosed with osteitis pubis, referred to a specialist and had surgery to help "correct the situation". I had the surgery in December. I still feel a lot of pain going from my vaginal area, down through my thighs and I have pain and popping in my pelvic bones when I try to roll onto my side or to my back.

I am wondering if my doctor had a "duty to act" or provide care instead of telling me I was old and I am wondering if there is anything more I can do to make this pain go away. I am an EMT and I need to be able to do my job.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.

Signs of a Psoriasis Flare

Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.

How Diabetes Medications Affect Your Appetite

Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.

What to Do For Dry Mouth

Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.

The Painkiller – Constipation Connection

Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.

9 Signs of Sensitive Skin

Is it sensitive skin or something else?