Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

Don't know what type of Dr to see...

Posted In: Medical Stories 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • June 15, 2011
  • 07:42 PM

My issue started about 8 months ago when my son step on the outside of my big toe with his metal cleats. Since then, I have what feels like Mortons Neuroma in both feet. The problem is not only in the ball of my feet but has spread to include tingling and pain all the way up to my knees. Also the tops of my feet feel as if they are bruised. I can only wear flip flops at this point. I have significant swelling and also my feet will turn bright red, just to the ankle line. I saw my GP and he basically said to just keep my feet warm, problem is, when my feet are warm, they really hurt. There are times that I have to just put them in ice water to relieve the constant throbbing. I have no idea what type of Dr to see or what to have them look for. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have been accepted to the nursing program and start in Aug. This problem can definately knock me right out of a dream I've had for years!!! So please HELP....Thank you so much!!!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.