Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

Bruise under periosteum

Posted In: Medical Stories 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 17, 2010
  • 05:29 PM

I injured my right lower leg (shin) last year and a pretty nasty bruise appeared, I went to the trauma centre and the doctor said that it would heal in good time. Now, a few weeks ago a soccer ball hit my leg in the same place. It was fine for a few days then it started swelled a little, there was no bruising but it was really painful to walk, run sit, do anything with it. I went to my GP and I was told that I had bruised my bone, just under the periosteum and it can cause as much pain as a broken leg. Does anyone know what this is called and how I can ease the pain?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.