Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

ankle, foot, leg, hip, back, neck, and headaches

Posted In: Medical Stories 1 Replies
  • Posted By: marcy2204
  • December 30, 2006
  • 03:43 AM

I broke my ankle seven and one half years ago. I have had three surgeries on my right ankle. I am in pain all the time, mostly i grin and bare it, but lately it has gotten worse, I have a foot doctor, and he has mentioned a Chiropracter for my other symptoms related to my ankle... I walk with a slight limp, but enough over the years that it has caused my right hip to be lower than my left, and my spine has become compressed in three areas. Two in my lower back and one in my neck. I have headaches all the time and my back is always hurting. Not to mention my ankle and all the way up to my head. Would this cause me to have twitching at night and sometimes during the day? It's an all over twitch, like my leg will do it, then my head and neck, and sometimes my arms. It's a quick twitch, nothing lasting more than a second. But it's been doing it more and more often. And i sometimes sweat at night too. My chest muscles ache alot from the accident that broke my ankle too. What do you suggest? Plus my Ortho doctor does not like to prescribe narcotics for pain.. and I am in pain, every day.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • When you have joint surgery it is usualy followed by physical therapy for 3-4 months. I am suprised that your doctor did not schedule it immediatly. By going to a good physical therapists, you can also address the spine, back and neck(headaches could be caused by stiffness in the neck). They would also address muscle aches. Try to find a physical therapy place that also does hand manipulation to get the most benefit. I would look in the yellow pages and try to find one that has the therapist name as the business name. That is usualy a good indication that the therapist is experienced enough to venture into their own business and would take a greater pride in their work. Otherwise try one affiliated with a good hospital like a teaching hospital.It also sounds like you need another doctor. Maybe they can recomend a good one for you. Your twiching migh be caused by a nerve being pinched, squeezed etc. Physical therapy might take the pressure off the nerve or it might be something that is more serious and needs MRIs and surgery.good luck!
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • December 31, 2006
    • 06:40 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.