Hello, first, I want to thank anyone who takes the time out to read my thread.
I finally decided to seek more information about the way I have been feeling. What I am writing about are sypmptoms I feel in my head.
- Constant pressure on my temples and forehead (which comes and goes) Sometimes the pressure is extreme enough where all I can do to get some relief is push against my temples and part of the skull that surrounds my eye sockets.
- Sometimes the pressure is too much for me to withstand watching a movie in the theatres, like if I dont look away soon or keep pressure on my temples or eyes, it'll explode.
And forget about going to IMAX theatres, It's rare that I can sit through an IMAX movie without feeling like my head will explode.
- I crack my neck/back/knuckles A LOT. Sometimes I feel like I must crack my body parts to get relief if I dont, I feel this stiff and achy. (also important to note, my neck and back are stiff and achy ALL the time)
- this one happens rarely, I get this weird static like energy in the back of my neck, almost surrounding that part of my spine. (almost feels like sand shifing)
- this one is more rare but Sometimes the pressure, leads to my vision gets cloudy (should note, I wear contacts and stare at a computer all day for work)
- Sometimes the muscles in my thigh, forearms, triceps and biceps twitch. the twitching lasts for a while (a few minutes to a few hours). It's not severe enough that I can't go about my day. And I usually forget about it before I realize it stops. (should note, I work in an office, on a computer all day)
- I forget a lot of things related to short term memory, i.e. where I place my belongings, (I have to consciously tell myself where I put things in order to remember.) I am ALWAYS losing things and have a hard time remembering things that people tell me.
Here is some medical history. I have suffered 3 concussions in my younger days playing soccer. Also part of my history is drug abuse. it's been 8 years since I have used any drugs or drank, but I used to smoke A LOT of pot, used A LOT of LSD/Mushrooms, used a lot of other drugs, but not as much as pot and LSD and is important to note that the reason I stopped LSD is because of a REALLY bad trip I had, I actually felt my brain bleeding (or so it felt) and the physical pain was extruciating, I thought my brain was going to explode and was going to die on the spot, it lasted for over 20 hours. To tell you the truth, a lot of the symptoms I listed above feel very similar to that night, but only milder. Also, I blacked out most times a drank.
I realize all of these symptoms can be the result of many things, which I think the most common is stress. (It is important to note that I am VERY stressed a lot of the time because of work and some other things.) In fact, that is the reason why I never thought about getting my brain or anything like that looked at. I was sure that I was just a little crazy/paranoid and that drug use and stress were the cause.
So I guess I am asking, should I get checked out? I am sure stress is most likely the cause, but I would love to get my brain checked out to make sure everything is ok. Only, I have no idea how I would do that. Do I just show up in a hospital and say, "Can you scan my brain?" LOL...I doubt it. But any advice or just a push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?