Hello, first, I want to thank anyone who takes the time out to read my thread.
I finally decided to seek more information about the way I have been feeling. What I am writing about are sypmptoms I feel in my head.
- Constant pressure on my temples and forehead (which comes and goes) Sometimes the pressure is extreme enough where all I can do to get some relief is push against my temples and part of the skull that surrounds my eye sockets.
- Sometimes the pressure is too much for me to withstand watching a movie in the theatres, like if I dont look away soon or keep pressure on my temples or eyes, it'll explode.
And forget about going to IMAX theatres, It's rare that I can sit through an IMAX movie without feeling like my head will explode.
- I crack my neck/back/knuckles A LOT. Sometimes I feel like I must crack my body parts to get relief if I dont, I feel this stiff and achy. (also important to note, my neck and back are stiff and achy ALL the time)
- this one happens rarely, I get this weird static like energy in the back of my neck, almost surrounding that part of my spine. (almost feels like sand shifing)
- this one is more rare but Sometimes the pressure, leads to my vision gets cloudy (should note, I wear contacts and stare at a computer all day for work)
- Sometimes the muscles in my thigh, forearms, triceps and biceps twitch. the twitching lasts for a while (a few minutes to a few hours). It's not severe enough that I can't go about my day. And I usually forget about it before I realize it stops. (should note, I work in an office, on a computer all day)
- I forget a lot of things related to short term memory, i.e. where I place my belongings, (I have to consciously tell myself where I put things in order to remember.) I am ALWAYS losing things and have a hard time remembering things that people tell me.
Here is some medical history. I have suffered 3 concussions in my younger days playing soccer. Also part of my history is drug abuse. it's been 8 years since I have used any drugs or drank, but I used to smoke A LOT of pot, used A LOT of LSD/Mushrooms, used a lot of other drugs, but not as much as pot and LSD and is important to note that the reason I stopped LSD is because of a REALLY bad trip I had, I actually felt my brain bleeding (or so it felt) and the physical pain was extruciating, I thought my brain was going to explode and was going to die on the spot, it lasted for over 20 hours. To tell you the truth, a lot of the symptoms I listed above feel very similar to that night, but only milder. Also, I blacked out most times a drank.
I realize all of these symptoms can be the result of many things, which I think the most common is stress. (It is important to note that I am VERY stressed a lot of the time because of work and some other things.) In fact, that is the reason why I never thought about getting my brain or anything like that looked at. I was sure that I was just a little crazy/paranoid and that drug use and stress were the cause.
So I guess I am asking, should I get checked out? I am sure stress is most likely the cause, but I would love to get my brain checked out to make sure everything is ok. Only, I have no idea how I would do that. Do I just show up in a hospital and say, "Can you scan my brain?" LOL...I doubt it. But any advice or just a push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much