Okay, I've been feeling progressively worse for a while now. At first, I just figured I'd caught a bug that was going around, or I slept in a funny position, but I'm not feeling any better at this point. But then, I started feeling worse and worse, and it's impacting everything I do. I'm 26 years old, and I'm a distance runner and a weight lifter. I usually feel GREAT, and most often my friends can barely keep up with me because I have more energy than anyone else I know. Now, I don't even feel like myself. All of the following things have become more noticeable as time has gone by:
- Abdominal pains, mostly in the upper part of my abs, sometimes very sharp, sometimes just achey. Sometimes, it feels like I've been kicked in the stomach. Sensitive to pressure. Unrelated to eating.
- Lower back ache, but I haven't done anything that could have hurt it. The worst part of that was when my girlfriend was giving me a back massage because I'd said my back hurt, and her pressing on my back was even more painful and I had to ask her to stop. It's hurt for well over a month now, almost two.
- Light-headedness and dizziness, for no apparent reason. Extreme exhaustion, even when I've had a full night of sleep, and haven't done anything that should have left me tired. I'll try to go to the gym, and I'll get there and won't have the energy to move, much less exercise, when I used to be able to work out for two hours solid.
- Yellowish skin, especially my hands, but I can see it in my face and even my eyes a little bit. It's not really vivid yellow, but other people have noticed and mentioned this out of the blue, so it's not my imagination. My girlfriend is a phlebotomist and a lab-tech, and when I went to visit her, she did a blood draw, and when the red blood cells separated out, she said that the serum looked darker and more yellow than it should have.
- Also, if I go too long without eating, I get very dizzy and weak, more than a healthy adult should, and it comes on quickly. If I eat too much, I feel weird afterwards. Normally, if I miss a meal (too busy, etc), then I just feel hungry, but once I eat, I'm fine. This is just abnormal for me.
I'd love to be able to stroll into a doctor's office and get them to just test for things, but I don't have the money and I don't have health insurance. I just want to know if anyone else has experienced this, or if they have any idea of what it might be. I don't typically trust doctors (I've had bad experiences in the past), and I want to have some advice if or when I go. I want to go soon... especially if this doesn't get better. Nothing much scares me, but I'm starting to get worried.