Discussions By Condition: Medical Errors

What can I do?

Posted In: Medical Errors 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 26, 2009
  • 04:38 AM

A former physician may have falsified information about my friends' health symptoms? The person withheld information that would have resulted in the diagnosis not being made, treatment not being ordered, my friend having credibility against an individual who was abusing him or her, and friend having a legal case in court for discrimination. The person discredited my friend's side by saying that it was all due to imagination, knowing that this was not the case, because of illness. If the physician knows this but will not clean up the records voluntarily, the Health System will not admit to the error or fix it knowing that the diagnosis is wrong and that it can lead to future treatment that can cause severe bodily injury up to death to my friend, what can she do? The Health board will not take the case either and the person cannot hire a lawyer.

If a physician's patient goes out and assaults another individual, is the physician responsible for the patient's conduct? What if the physician intentionally failed to warn the person and made it impossible for the person to get police help against the patient by not removing the patient or discrediting the victims side against the patient because of favoritism of the patient?

Under HIPPA, do they have to disclose the patient's information to the victim and can the victim get the information without the patient's authorization if it is relevant to the patients safety?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.