I've gone to a doctor for symptoms like:-
- Impatience, Restlessness (especially the legs)
- Sensitivty to even the lowest degrees of heat, including touch.
- My eyes are also unusually sensitive to sound and vibration, especially the clink of metal, or the beat of a drum. Which is VERY frustrating as i've always wanted to learn to play it. I involuntarily blink everytime there's a heavy vibration.
- "Sensory overloads" many times a day
- Complete inability to concenrate on ANYTHING- even something i like
- Slight but definite distruption in sense of balance (i keep walking into things and tripping over my own feet, and toppling onto doors. Things like running down the stairs is disorienting)
- Very bad handwriting due to muscle pain when i write, also bad muscle co-ordination (hand-eye)
- Terrible sense of numbers that many types of coaching havent improved at all.
- Inspite of a rather good verbal IQ, a good sense of logic, a very good sense of spelling, and most importantly to me- a good sense of humour; i have very bad communication skills (incoherence, talking too fast or rolling words, for example)
- Mood swings ( But absolutely NO suicidal tendencies; that's the first thing the guy asked me)
- these interfere in almost everything i do- from college, to socialising to eating and walking.
I always had all these problems when i was young; but now that i'm in college it has become quite obvious and extremely frustrating.
Both my parents AND the doctor claim its just hormones and a lethargy and lack of interest in my life and career- and then sent me for counselling. But i don't appreciate paying someone to cure a obviously existent problem and being told that its nothing. Could anyone atleast tell me what it is that is wrong with me?