Discussions By Condition: Medical Errors

Misdiagnosed with Schizoaffective disorder as teen. Trying to get diagnosis reversed.

Posted In: Medical Errors 0 Replies
  • Posted By: outofthedarkness
  • August 30, 2009
  • 04:06 AM

I was diagnosed with Schizoaffective disorder as a teenager. I was diagnosed my doctors in the Tricare system, which is the military's sorry excuse for a medical system. I'm fairly certain my mother has Munchausen syndrome by proxy. The doctors didn't really listen to me (or my brother) at all. They simply drugged us up and took my parents' word about our symptoms. The bottom line is simple. I stopped taking my medication 4 years ago. I was super physically sick and in perpetual "zombie" mode. I am now seeking to have the diagnosis reversed. I have made some contact with a therapist, but I really need to find a psychologist who can (and will) work with me. I am so frustrated and confused about who to talk to and where to go. I live in Illinios. Does anyone have any advice for me?:confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.

Signs of a Psoriasis Flare

Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.

How Diabetes Medications Affect Your Appetite

Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.

What to Do For Dry Mouth

Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.

The Painkiller – Constipation Connection

Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.

9 Signs of Sensitive Skin

Is it sensitive skin or something else?