Discussions By Condition: Medical Errors

misdiagnosed 2 years ago

Posted In: Medical Errors 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 18, 2008
  • 03:13 AM

two yrs ago started hurting under heel went to podiatrist he said plantar fascitis gave me cortisone shots bk walker boot and under went fascia release surgery it didnt work hard nodule started growing after surgery (very big protruding) i decided to go to another doctor and on the 1st visit he said i had plantar fibromatosis its a tumor non cancerous he said i would need surgery so i had it he said he would be aggresive i just went for check up today i cried the whole visit half of my heel is gone! its not the new docs fault but it is the 1st docs fault because i was misdiagnosed the tumor stayed there for 1 1/2 yrs also he gave me cortisone injections which make tumors grow the surgery was very painful i still havent begun to walk do you think i should get a lawyer for a possible malpractice case? i feel that had this been diagnosed earlier it would have been smaller and i would still have a heel i am 29 years old, married, 2 kids, very athletic, and have a job that requires standing i think the doctor should pay for what he has done to me i will never be the same i guess there goes all my pretty high heel shoes please write back

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

  • It sounds terrible, and I can't even imagine what you must be going through. Yes, the first doctor made a mistake... a BIG mistake. but you have to ask yourself whether anything will be gained by going through with this. What I would do is inform the first doctor of his mistake so he won't misdiagnose this condition again. But putting one doctor out of a job will only mean another doctor will fill his/her place, and the new doctor might be less experienced, and therefore might misdiagnose some conditions himself.This is only my opinion. You have to decide what is right for your situation. I hope your back on your feet soonIan
    NostrilBoy 2 Replies
    • October 23, 2008
    • 08:37 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • Yes, do inform the first doctor of his mistake. There is a statute of limitations on all legal actions, some states one year, others two. You may have waited too long.Sorry for your pain.
    Monsterlove 2921 Replies
    • October 25, 2008
    • 05:25 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.