I am posting my story here so that people who are suffering with similar problems can give B12 serum test a shot and see if they are deficient. remember B12 deficiency if diagnosed early can be treated very easily. Once you live with it for a longer period of time (years) you may have some permanent irreversible damage which may be hard to treat.
I suffered for 10 long years to find out that I am B12 deficient.
Here is my story I will cut it short to come to the point. I am 35 year old now.
As a child I used to have frequent colds, developing in Bronchial Asthma and sometimes pneumonia.
I was even diagnosed with allergic Rhinitis and was told that I am allergic to dust, pollens etc.
In my teenage, I used to have lot of upset stomach, Gas etc which used to get treated as and when symptoms were seen.
The real thing started happening once I joined my Job.
1) 1999 - Started feeling tightness under the left ribcage. Initially thought its a problem with my heart and did all kind of tests which all came negative. Good Gave me some relief.
2) Till 2001 lived with this dull pain ( which was variably spread through out the day). Always thought its some kind of nerve pain near the ribcage. Due to not getting proper diagnosis after going to different doctors over a time, Started feeling stressed out( also Anxiety) and stated thinking that I will have to live with this pain through out my life.
3) Due to all this stress symptoms started getting Gastric problems,Constipation, Irregular stools etc.
4) 2002, was referred to Gastro and he told that I have GERD which lead to heartburn.He tried all medications including H pylori treatment which worked for a while but never gave full relief and heartburn kept coming back.
6) 2003-2005 - I started living with this pain which was always there 24 hrs. It started happening that when I was not having this heartburn( nerve pain) I used to feel unusual.
7) 2005 - out of depression and to get proper diagnosis, Underwent Endoscopy, contrast CT scan of full abdomen. Everything else was ruled out and they gave a good name to these symptoms, IBS.
8) Despite on medication of IBS ( PPI, Normaxin etc)I knew something was wrong as I can see my condition worsening. But every time I went to a doctor, they told its in your mind and I will have to live with this for whole my life.
9)After some more time, when my condition started worsening, and when I visited any doctor or Gastro, they started giving me depression tablets.
9) 2006 - Started getting blurred vision ( once in a while) and physical balancing issues. Went to doctors and they told its because of Depression & Anxiety or probably the side effect of the IBS medication which I take.
10) 2008 - Symptoms started increasing with chronic fatigue and what ever I do, there was always a CD running in the back of mind that something was wrong with me and I will not be able to survive. I know this is what is called Depression and people who have gone though this will understand. There was lack of concentration, mood swings, loss of appetite, vision problems and I could see my health going bad to worse each day.
11) Early 2009 - Got a spinning sensation and could not stand and was rushed to hospital. Initially they diagnosed with Vertigo. Gave medication for 2 weeks. But Thankfully also asked me to go for other tests ( Brain MRI, MRA, CBC, B12 Serum, Lipid profile etc)
All tests were okay( actually perfect) except my B12 which came to 166. Was admitted to hospital for a day, Given 3 units of MVI( multivitamin infusion) with 3 nervijen plus ( 1500mcg of Methylb12 + 0.75mg of folic acid, Nicotnamide - 45mg) administered over a period of 12 hours.
I Was prescribed nervijen capsule( 750mcg Methylb12) for next 3 months ( once in a day) and come back for checkup.
After taking the IV methylB12, next 1 month was great. Almost all symptoms were gone. but starting 2nd month, energy level started decreasing again, fatigue started coming back, heartburn again started showing up. I somehow spent 3 months with the prescribed medication and checked my B12 serum again ( it came 213). I went to doctor with this report and he refereed me to Gastro for why my body is not assimilating B12. Gastro asked be for some GI blood tests for Intrinsic Factors and other GI factors which all came as negative. so a PA was ruled out.
He gave me following medication for next 1 year and told that I will be fine.
Inj Neurobian forte ( combination of 1000mcg CynoB12 + B complex) for 7 days.once in a week for next 4 weeks and then once in a month for next 1 year.
It was all well till I was taking injection every week, but then when it came to once in a month, I saw symptoms returning back in 2nd week. I was upset and thought probably something wrong with my body and would never heal back again.
Now, after reading on WD forum, I have switched to Methylb12 ( Nervijen plus 1500mcg MethylB12 + folic + nicotamide) once in a week. Not sure how long I may have to take these painful injections and I still does not feel 100 % fit ( I think I am hoping too much after I have got some hope from people on WD forum).
I still take Clonozapam(.25mg) for anxiety sometimes. Though Yoga ( specially breathing exercises) does give me some relief from Anxiety & Depression but I can't doing these exercises all the day.
As I work in IT ( telecom Software Industry) and have need a lot of concentration to sit in front of my Laptop all day. All this is making my life difficult to work in this kind of stressed environment where there is always pressure to deliver. Now with these Symptoms. I have lost a lot of self confidence and try being alone, Don't communicate much with people around me.
Anyway After knowing the WD forum, I found that active B12 subliguals can help me between B12 shots. I tried finding sublinguals in India ( Bangalore) but have not succeeded yet. For the time being I have ordered it from iherb which will be delivered in Singapore and my BIL who is scheduled to come to India in Mid December will bring it.
Hoping for the best. God bless all!
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?