Discussions By Condition: Male sexual conditions

Embarrassing Problem, Please Help

Posted In: Male sexual conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 29, 2008
  • 03:09 AM

Hello, I am new to these message boards, so I help you guys can help me.

I'm 18 years old and not sexually active. For a few months now, I've had some problems...down there. I cannot really get an erection and when I try, it hurts. Any attempt at getting an erection results in, at most, a semi-hard penis, not to the full size or hardness that I have experienced in the past.

Obviously, this has been very concerning to me. I did some research online, and I think I may have Peyronie's disease (scarring on the inside of the penis). I have felt what I believe may be scarring on the sides of my penis. While I was happy to learn that this condition normally goes away on its own, I am terrified that, if I indeed do have this condition, the effects may be permanent. In other words, since this condition can cause shrinkage of the penis, would that be permanent? Or would I be able to reach/maintain a normal, full-sized (i.e. what it was like before) erection once the scarring heals (if it heals on its own)? Can any condition like this cause permanent shrinking of the penis?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. I know I should see a doctor if I'm this worried, but I'm incredibly, incredibly embarrassed and can't imagine talking about this.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • I'd suggest checking out http://www.mensheathpd.com for more information on Peyronie's disease. You'll find info on symptoms and treatments as well as advice on how to talk to your doctor about it. Good luck!
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.