Discussions By Condition: Knee conditions

Should I see a doctor for a knee sprain?

Posted In: Knee conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 1, 2006
  • 09:21 PM

I recently fell on my knee. Upon falling, my leg bent underneath me, forcing my knee to bend beyond its normal range of motion. I believe I heard a "pop" when this occurred, although everything happened so quickly. Initially, it was quite painful. However, upon straightening it out and putting weight on it, I was surprised to feel very little pain. I was able to hike down to my car without further pain, and continue my day without much pain or swelling - or so I thought. A few hours later, it swelled up quite a bit. When I walk on it, it feels very unstable and the pain has increased (although there is no pain when in the position of comfort and no weight is applied). Given everything I've just described, my question is: Should I go to an orthopedic physician? I don't have insurance, but I will in 6 months. I just want to make sure that "RICE" isn't the only thing I should be doing for this injury. I very much appreciate any suggestions, thank you!

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

  • IMO possibly tore your ACL. If you play a lot of sports, get it fixed. If not, rehab should be enough. Get the fluid inside drained if possible.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • October 12, 2006
    • 03:27 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • yea you should, i ahd done the same thing and found out that my acu was torn. it will hurt pritty bad . so you should go see a doctor before it gets worse. blessed be sister storm
    stormthornnight 16 Replies
    • December 9, 2006
    • 05:05 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.