Hi all, I am seeking for more opinions on behalf for my family, and especially for my grandmother.
My grandmother has been hospitalized for about 1.5 months and currently she is still there. Basically, when she is first admitted, she was having a mild fever, due to some itchiness she felt on her left lower leg and it turns worst within the day and the doctors first told us that it is bacterial infection.
So after a couple of days, undergoing a few biopsys and blood test etc, while waiting for the results, she was doing pretty okay but shortly, after a period of time, both her health her recovery on her leg took a turn for worst instead of better... Losing her appetite, pains from her biopsy wound etc.
Until the 4 - 5th week of her stay, the doctors diagnosed that her leg was dry gangrene, and it was pretty horrifying when we saw that her leg is all black in the affected areas.
Sadly we were told that the only way to salvage her condition will be amputation which is depressing to both the families and a big shock for my grandmother.
Even so, as my grandmother is very against the idea of amputation, and against the advices of the doctors, we have sent her for HBOT (Hyperbaric oxygen therapy) treatment, though we were told that HBOT will do not any good for my grandmother since the stage of salvaging her leg is impossible..
Though I know that this is pretty a far-fetched way to seek for a second opinion/ advices, but other than HBOT, or waiting for a auto-amputation, is there possibly no ways to salvage her leg or, can I have an oversea medical opinion?