Discussions By Condition: Infectious diseases

Chronic Epstein Barr Virus specialist??

Posted In: Infectious diseases 1 Replies
  • Posted By: WilliamL
  • March 30, 2015
  • 00:55 AM

Can someone tell me a specific doctor or what type to see for Chronic Active Epstein Barr Virus?
This is my third time having EBV, currently though I've tested positive for active EBV for alittle over two years now. My Rhumatologist is not sure what to do regarding EBV, I've also been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and CFS for over 3 years now. I'm only 22, all of this has completely brought my life to a halt.

Please help!!!!

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • The "best" method I've found is UV light therapy.
    Drugs also works, but can also have side effects worse than the disease.
    Anonymous 1 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.

Signs of a Psoriasis Flare

Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.

How Diabetes Medications Affect Your Appetite

Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.

What to Do For Dry Mouth

Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.

The Painkiller – Constipation Connection

Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.

9 Signs of Sensitive Skin

Is it sensitive skin or something else?