Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Wrong diagnosis/Insurance

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: salstanford
  • February 29, 2008
  • 00:25 AM

My husband went to the emergency room last year with severe depression, anxiety, panic attacks and general overwhelming stress. He has back problems and was taking the narcotic pain reliever Lorcet. When he described all this to the psychiatrist on call, the doctor admitted him to the mental health ward of the hospital. When, after a year, our insurance didn't pay, we learned that the doctor had written down a diagnosis of "drug addiction" which insurance will not pay We called and asked if he would correct the diagnosis and his response was, "I don't do that. Goodbye."

This insurance liability is keeping us from buying a house and the unreasonable doctor refuses to budge. Does anyone know of any medical oversight organization (I am in Mississippi) that I could take this to? Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • Can you complain to the state medical board at all?Have you considered an attorney- perhaps not malpractice, but one who specializes in defamation of character?I'm so sorry you are going through this.I'll keep you in my prayers.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • February 29, 2008
    • 02:37 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.