Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

What type of Dr for Pyridoxine (B6) deficiency

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 4 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 2, 2008
  • 00:23 AM

What type of doctor is recommended for a Pyridoxine deficiency. My daughter has been tested for numerous things, and found out today (after a year) that she is B6 deficient. This explains so many of her symptoms too.


Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

  • She has multiple symptoms... carbs/sugar make her sick, on a high protein diet.. has to eat every hour.. foods that don't make her sick are high B6.. foods that make her sick are little to no B6. Other symptoms.. low immunity levels (also low anitbodies); excema, cracked lips; lack of focus when not eating high B6 foods.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
  • also low weight gain.. in the past year she has only fluctuated a few ounces. Still less than 50 pounds at almost 8 yrs.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
  • All 4 of her IG levels are below the low level. At first the IGA came back low, and that is what send up to an immunologist.. them he checked all the levels, and all came back that way. Then another test he did for anitbodies showed antibodies for most of her immunizations, but her pnemecocial came back very low.. she has to have another immunization for that then another test to make sure she is making those antibodies now.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi Katie, Here is my story with some interesting links: http://www.epilepsyforum.org.uk//viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14802 I have been using vitamin B6 to contol my seizures for nearly 38 years. My seizure medication now consists of B vitamins only. DO NOT ALTER ANY MEDICATION WITHOUT YOUR DOCTOR'S CONSENT. Regards AndrewT
    andrewt 1 Replies
    • December 7, 2008
    • 02:26 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.