Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

what a question

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: uncomfortable
  • September 29, 2006
  • 02:46 PM

I have a "condition" that I need help defining. several of my other family members have the same....extended "crack" or dimple behind the normal anus. I didn't really know I had it until a realative had a baby and upon delievery the dr staff told her the baby had this condition, and that it was common and heiretary ( I discussed the baby w/ my husband who told me I had it too). so she brought it up at the babys 1st dr appt and the dr told her he himself had the same issue but had it corrected with surgery, but that wasn't always nessasary and that there is usually no side effects or problems with this until puberty. my issues with this area didn't develope until I had my 1st child. what i would like to find out is the name of it so I can further reasearch it but I can't recall the name. i've looked through several medical dictonaries but can't find it....does anyone know what I am talking about?

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

  • Sacral dimple or Sacral pit?Pilonidal dimple?Spina Bifida Occulta?Why don't you call the Dr you visited and ask!
    sorehead 3 Replies
    • September 30, 2006
    • 02:45 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • pilonidal cyst.
    rad-skw 1605 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.