Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

weird lump

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: donnatinker
  • April 10, 2007
  • 04:00 PM

My 69yo hubby has had intermittent right side pain for a few months. It started again yesterday and this morning he woke up with a huge bulge on his right side. Ice application has not reduced the bulge. There is pain and slight tenderness upon palpation. Do I need to take him to the ER?

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • YES!!!! Go now. He could have an impaction which will poison him, or a bleed that could kill him, or an infection that could also kill him. Go to the ER now and know that it is better to go and find out you overreacted then to not go and find out you should have. If he is dizzy with standing or has any complaints of chest pain/discomfort or is having trouble breathing PLEASE call 911. That is what we are here for. Good luck and please let us know how he is.
    emsbabydoll 73 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.