Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Vulva Pain and Discharge

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 3 Replies
  • Posted By: littleone1979
  • August 18, 2008
  • 00:46 AM

I really need some help. For the last three years I have had bout several times a year with vulva pain and discharge. I have been to my regular gyn and quite frankly she has seemed unconcerned like I am bothering her. I even went to another gyn who brushed off my concern with "Well its just irritated". Several months a year I have a lot of discharge and my vulva area is irritated. Nothing I do gives me relief. Over the counter creams don't help it only makes it more irritated. I have followed everything my last doctor said to do to alleviate things. I am uncomfortable no matter what I wear and even sleeping is uncomfortable. I have been tested for STD's numerous times, even by one doctor who without a diagnosis told me I had herpes which she was wrong about and never apologized for telling me. The symptons last sometimes as long as four months. I can't imagine another woman walking around as uncomfortable as I am during that time. I don't want to go out or do anything when I feel like this. I feel like I am constantly running to the bathroom to wipe myself off. I even bought a larger size underwear for the comfort but that doesn't even help. I am at the end of my rope because I can't get anyone to listen to me and take my complaints seriously. Can anyone on the boards suggest anything for me? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. I would love to have my life back again and feel as close to normal as possible.

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

  • I would suspect herpes, too, but she should have run a blood test for herpes 2 for an accurate diagnosis...also a blood test for syphilis and a pap is in order to rule out HPV. Try a brand new doctor and request all three things.
    Monsterlove 2921 Replies
    • August 18, 2008
    • 04:53 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • Demand your gynecologist do a test for vulva cancer. I was misdiagnosed. My doctor said my sore was a blood vessel. It was nothing. My pap smear was normal, no std's, but he treated me for a swollen lymph node in my groin for 4 months - he said it was an infection. I got a second opinion. Guess what? After biopsy of lymph node - Stage 4 squamous cell cancer of the vulva. Metastasized to 4 cites. That was in 2007 - after a radical vulvarectomy and radiation, I am currently in remission. I could be dead. Demand a test for vulvar cancer, before it is too late. PLEASE!!!!!
    jandibarn 5 Replies
    • October 15, 2008
    • 00:05 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • It is likely Lichen Simplex or Lichen Sclerosis. It fits the same symptoms I have been living with for a long time as well. It is very overwhelming. Good Luck, my doctor found it by doing a biopsy! Hope you find relief! You arent alone.
    sunflowery 7 Replies
    • November 3, 2008
    • 03:47 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.