Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

upper right abdominal pain

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 12, 2008
  • 09:26 PM

I have had an on and off sharp pain in my upper right abdomen, right under my ribs for over 4 year now. (My gallbladder was removed 22 years ago. I DO have low iron and I was checked for fibroids about a year ago. Doctors found one big fibroid about the size of a grapefruit and lots of polyps. My uterus had some growth too and was subsequently taken out.) Every day the pain gets worse and worse. Now the back of my ribcage is starting to feel pain. I am losing my appetite, and feel nauseous. Every time I eat I feel pain as well. I DO NOT have any issues moving my bowels, but my bowels are dark green. I currently take ACID REFLUX MEDICINE, but this has done nothing for me. I've had 2 MRIs done, CT Scan, bile duct blockage test, endoscopy, gastric emptying (which resulted in digestive system slow and was told to eat six small meals instead of 3 big ones), small bowel test, Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP). The doctors have said i have gastroparesis (slowed digestive system), i have medication for it but my pain still persists. i just got my ERCP done last week. the doctors could not get into the common bile duct. they made an incision which opened the duct. they thought that would solve the problem, but after the test, i feel the same way and still feel pain in my upper right abdominal area. while eating (just a litte), i feel like the food is not even absorbing into my body. does anyone know what other options i could try?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.