this is regard to my 4 years old Niece who is suffering from tropical spleenomegaly with 16cms lenght since last 2 months.
1. she was diagonised with spleenomegaly 2 months back when she was consulted with heavy fever at hyderabad.
2. she was admitted in Rainbow 1 month back and is still in hospital where they have ruled out all the possibilities of malaria, typhoid, talasemia and lucamia.(bone marrow aspiration and biopsy done and was negetive)
3.She was also suffering from heavy headache and was diagnosed with manengitis. Even though TB PCR was negetive they have started treating for the same. They have gone for CT scan, MRI scan and they concluded it as chronic TB Manengitis.
4. She was slowly recovering and headache was under control, Fever was also under control since last 10 days. After doing ultra sound spleen size also came down from 16.5cms to 13.8 cms. Now since last 2 days she is suffering from heavy fever and will be normal for 4 to 5 hours after giving crocin. Fever is recorded around 102.
5. They have recently done ultrsound and found that the spleen has increased from 13.8 to 16cms.
6. They are not able to come to any conclusion. They have doubt that it may be fungal infection but the report was negetive.
7. Now they want to repeat bonemarrow.
Pl advice how to go further on this case as I am very confused. Patient has become very weak as she is adamant on taking any oral diet.