Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Trapped in a child's body.

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Nina123
  • March 23, 2007
  • 05:24 AM

I am 22 years old but am only 4'10.
Not only am I short, but small, like a child.
The upper half of my body is like a childs because my shoulders are so close together.
And my face and head are extremely small, maybe about the size of a 5 or 6-year-old.
I think I failed to thrive when I was about 4 months which is when my growth started tapering off.
I am at my wit's end about this.
I am an adult trapped in a child's body.
I am considering limb lengthening as a last resort but will still look like a child because of my upper body.
What's wrong with me, please, somebody help me.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • What's wrong with being 4'10''? If you really think your appearance is out of proportion, you might consider consulting an endocrinologist as it is possible that you have insufficient growth hormone production. But I wouldn't change my body purely for cosmetic purposes. You are what you are and my view is that I would look down on people who would think more highly of me if I were a few inches taller.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.