Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Topical skin affliction question

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 27, 2011
  • 07:56 PM

I've had these small localized darkish brown skin pigmentation on certain areas of my body for about 10~ years. They've never spread of gotten worse or anything like that, but I'm curious to find out what they are. As previously stated, they're dark and brown but they're only around my the inner elbows / chest area and look like, for lack of a better comparison, leopard print. When I was younger I used to try to scrape the spots off during showers but all that did was cause pain. I've attempted to look it up on several websites but I can never get matching answers or find any pictures that look like it, is there anyone who can at least identify what the problem is? If I can just get a few possibilities about what it is, I can go to the doctor with at least some information. Thanks in advance.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

  • A dermatologist might be more familiar with what you have. It could be hyperpigmentation, Vitiligo http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/skinpigmentationdisorders.html
    gr8tful 175 Replies
    • January 28, 2011
    • 07:17 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • Hi there, I've had this for many years and it's actually a fungal infection. I actually quite miss the leopard print effect! I went to my doctors (you should do this incase it isn't what I have) and they gave me some cream for it.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • January 28, 2011
    • 02:18 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.