Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Thrombosis of Penile Lymphatic Vessel

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 4 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 1, 2007
  • 10:27 AM


I'm 19 and have been experiencing slight curvature of my penis to the left when fully erect even when it is flaccid. After masturbation, I realise a lump on the side of my penis, closer to the base. When completely flaccid after masturbation, this lump is pronounced to the size of a small coin and brings me concerns.

I have been worried about this condition and thus decided to take action about 5 months ago. The GP checked for scarring and found absolutely nothing and told me it may be damaged vein or something rather and just to give it time. He also got me to take an Ultrasound of an area just to be sure. From the scans, my penis seemed to have no scar tissues below the surface and that it was identical in structure to the right side. The doc ruled out that it was thrombosis and time will heal it.

It has been 5 months and i'm still getting this lump on the side of my penis with a slight curvature.

What could it be? Does masturbation say twice a week worsen the condition or does not have any effect?

I have at times applied topical cream such as Hirudoid but it's still there.


Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

  • hii. can u please tell me if it healed??mine occured around 3.5 months ago. not painful any more but slight pain. i went to a doctor here but he said u have nothing.. it i am currently in a non developed country..please let me know if it heals..
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • September 25, 2009
    • 07:43 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • I believe I have a thrombosis as caused by sex, however i think the original poster may have http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peyronie's_diseaseConsidering is specifically mentioned both of the above mentioned symptoms. I'm posting this here to point any future searchers in that direction.i'm just a guy googling around trying to find out what the small lump on my penis is however, definitely not a doctor.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • January 20, 2010
    • 05:48 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • While I agree that the top-poster may have Peyronie's disease by the description, there are two other uncommon possibilities that can be mis-diagnosed as a simple thrombosis. One being Hoffman's disease http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1045448/(sclerosing lymphangitis), which is a condition similar to thrombosis but occurs in the lymphatic system. The other is Mondor's disease. None are actually diseases that can be spread or caught, but rather are either genetic disorders (inherited) or caused by trauma to the penis.I'm also not a doctor, just someone who recently went through an ordeal to be diagnosed with one of the above. Hope that helps people stumbling on this. :)
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • January 27, 2010
    • 04:19 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • I have a concern about my penis but it is more on the virility side even though I have a similar simpton as far as the curvature goes. What happend to me was that during intercourse my penis went flaccid but my appetite for sex was still there and afterwards it was very hard for me to urine and now even in masterbation it is not irrigating enough blood to the left side it almost feels like its clogged some how and its ruining my sex life I'm very concerned about this I'm not in the position economically to go to the doctor so does anyone have an idea of what me be going on I did masterbate a lot maybe even to say too much but I haven't done it since please help I have never had a problem like thos and I'm 23 years old thank you.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.