Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

The Skin in indented

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Earthspirit
  • October 16, 2006
  • 06:13 PM

My daughter had a cortizone shot a few months ago for an allergy. The injection site (top of her buttocks area at waist almost) has become indented and appears to becoming larger and deeper,also is slightly sore to the touch, and skin looks stretched out but is going inward. Have any of you ever heard of such a reaction for cortizone shots?

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

  • Yes, this can happen with corisone shots. Normally, that is why doctors do not give a patient these shots frequently. You have to wait several months and they alternate areas of injection. It can cause atrophy. I don't know how or if they can treat this but i would call the office where you got the shot and ask.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • December 15, 2006
    • 06:35 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • Hi,Just to let you know, maybe to feel better. I noticed the same thing on myself and I was so embarrassed and did not want my husband to see it at all. My cheecks or whatever were'nt the same. One had a dent in it? I got to thinking why? Where did this come from? I showed it to my sisters. They never saw nothing like it and then I remembered long ago getting a shot.I was worried it would never go away, it was really noticeable and deep. Right about where a man would pack his wallet, anyway it's gone!I feel so much better that you cannot even tell it was EVER there!I'm 44 years old.Lori
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • January 18, 2007
    • 09:07 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • Im a 26 year old female and Ive noticed this small dent in my right upper buttocks. This is where I get all my shots and Im wondering is this the cause of it ? Will it go away ? Is this something serious ? What exactly is it ?
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.