I've been trying to diagnose this for a year with no luck:
About 2-3 hours after eating pretty much anything I get:
- severe drop in blood pressure causing dizziness/weakness/fainting
- cutoff circulation to hands and feet - they become ice cold and hurt
- trouble breathing due to what seems like bloating/heavy feeling in abdomen, indigestion, bloating, gas and sounds in the abdomen
- severe anxiety, clouded thinking
The only thing I've been diagnosed with is acid reflux but have no pain or discomfort after I eat. I had the following tests which all came back normal:
- Upper gi(barium swallow)
- Abdominal ultrasound
- Brain MRI
- Heart CT Scan
- Large # of different blood tests
I used to be a healthy 25 year old with ideal exercise and diet (fruits, veggies, no smoking, no alcohol), now I probably lost 30lbs in the last 6 months alone and I was skinny to begin with. I have the appetite but eating causes me to get these symptoms which I can only describe as life threatening. The blood pressure/circulation problems are the ones that stand out the most as they are the scariest.
Could anyone point to any possible test or condition that sounds familiar. It came on over a course of a year. First large meals would cause me to drop blood pressure, feel lethargic and nearly faint, eventually smaller and smaller meals caused similar symptoms. At one point I actually had a tiny can of baby food which nearly caused me to go to ER.