Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Stomach problems

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 3 Replies
  • Posted By: pweasehelp
  • October 28, 2011
  • 03:31 AM

So i am a 20 yrs old female with on going stomach problems which include constant nausea, occasional pain *similar to heartburn*, constant discomfort, vomitting, gurgly feeling and lack of appetite. It had been a problem for at least a year now and is severely fustrating. I have been diognosed with reflux which I take Somac and Motillium for but the symptoms still wont settle. I have had blood tests and they returned normal asell. I have had an endoscopy from my gastroentroligist but nothing abnormal was found only a small amount of inflamation which he said was normal. I have had a head CT which was also normal and yesterday had an Ultrasound of my upper abdomen which im sure will also come back as normal. I have a history with anxiety and am seeing a specialist for that and am taking Effexor 150mg a day. The specialist said that the anxiety could worsen the stomach problems but was not the cause. I have had vomitting spells where i will vomit for days and nothing seems to help. The last episode landed me in hospital with severe dehydration. I have had an over-active thyroid test recently which also came back as normal, so as far as the doctors can see I am healthy but it does not fix the fact that i am still nauseaus and still vomitting. It is very draining and extremely expensive to keep up with and i really just want some help, it feels as though there is no light at the end of the tunnel. :(

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

  • The upper abdomin scan came back normal.
    pweasehelp 1 Replies
    • October 31, 2011
    • 00:28 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • you can be cured completely by homeopathy and you must know that homeopaty is a holisitic treatment without any side effects your problem is only a disbalance in your healthy life and from under stress of modern life style.
    bonty2010 1 Replies
    • November 6, 2011
    • 06:28 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • As someone in clinical research for the past 35 years I am assuming that your problem may be caused by Hyperchlorhydria. Hyperchlorhydria is the over production of Hydrochloric acid (HCL) by the parietal cells. This condition will cause symptoms like belching, bloating, gas, heartburn, reflux, abdominal pain, diarreah and or constipation, irregular stools, nausea, burning in the esophagus, etc. Unfortunately Hypochlorhydria (reduced acid production) also cause the same symptoms. It is very difficult for a doctor to make the correct diagnosis of either of these conditons without a pH diagnostic test. If in fact you are over producing Hydrochloric acid you need to get it corrected because left untreated the stage is set for gastric cancer, peptic ulcers, gastritis, etc. If and when you get a pH test you need to have the doctor check for H. Pylori infection. I would not recommed any type of proton pump inhibitor (PPIs) or acid reducing medication. If you in fact are over producing HCL, you should be taking a medication that mimics the normal physiologic buffering the occurs in the digesive process. I would highly recommed getting a pH diagnostic test. Search net under gastrogram, pH capsule. pH testing, etc.
    Jacob777 2 Replies
    • November 28, 2011
    • 08:27 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.