Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Still in pain, nobody has an answer.

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: pabbott
  • March 5, 2007
  • 07:26 AM


My story begins approx. 5yr ago. I was 15yr old and a virgin. I started having unexplained pain in both testicles. I've had no injury or trauma in that area. I was too scared to do anything about it. The pain is severe and intense by the most touch. 2 yr went by I just got used to the pain, til finally I met my wife and as we were dating the subject would come up. I preformed sex ok but pain occured frequently. She finally convinced me to get checked. I went to my regular doctor who told me it was a very bad thing to wait this long. He didn't have an answer but sent me to an uroligist who preformed blood tests and urine tests, all were appearing normal gave me pain meds (which didnt help at all) and that was it. A couple weeks later I decided to persue futher and get a second opinion. He ran a testostrone level check which came out abnormally low. He proceded to send me to Iowa City and a sperm count and chromosome test. My sperm count was very low. And the main news was that I have Klinefelter Syndrome. They told us that it was quite unlikely we'd ever have children unless we tried more uncommon ways such as invetro. etc. which is far too expensive for us right now. In the final diagnosis letter I received explained KS and its effects and so forth but at the end said patient (me) still complains of unexplained pain in testes. I am now 20yr old I've had the pain for 5yr and not getting better ive tried every pain med. with no results. I can live with it but I just want to know what it could be. Something has to be causing it. If anyone has any info or insight please let me know.
Paul J. Abbott

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • Hello Paul,If your health insurance is good, and would cover a scan (MRI or sonography, or something) then you should see about getting such a scan of your scrotum. Pain like that is often caused by something they could see that way. The good news, is it is probably not a big problem for your health, if it has been hurting for 5 years, and still hurts, whatever is going on must not be something that could get much worse...seems like it would have by now.But you shouldn't have to be in pain in your scrotum! That is something to look into more. And I do not see how the doctors can say anything specific without a scan. So maybe if you ask for one, they might consider it, even though they didn't suggest it in the first place. And if the docs you ask won't do it, see about finding another doctor...Good luck,Shula
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.