All of this started a year ago with night sweats and a stiff neck, and has progressed from there. This medical issue has become so debilitating that I am on medical leave from work because my right foot swells and hurts so bad that I can't stand on it or wear a shoe. I'm a teacher, so I need to stand.
Hopefully someone can give me some direction! I've switched my PCP 4 times this year, and have been to numerous specialists - you name it, I've seen them...rhem, neuro, hema, orthopedic, PT, vascular, GI, etc...I've even been to the Mayo Clinic. They treated me like crap and I came back undiagnosed.
here is a list of my current symptoms:
• sore throat
• feeling of something in my throat, throat tightness
• metallic taste in mouth.
• intermittent cough
• intermittent night sweats
• severe itching all over body, esp right side trunk area; hypersensitive skin
• widespread burning pains
• electric-like “zaps”; pins and needles, aggravated by exercise and increased blood flow
• skin feels like sandpaper is rubbing it all over, esp right side
• Spider veins, petechiae, angiomas, strange bruising.
• New stretch marks appear on abdomen, and have increased in size and number since, esp. near appendix scar. Little hairs growing out of it too.
• Leg cramping and foot swelling (right side)
• Gallbladder polyps grow from 1 to 3.4mm in 2 months; common bile duct grows from 1 to 4mm
• cracking and crunching sounds in neck and back with movement
• severe pain along right side of body; abdominal swelling and pain
• Hands turn blue after shower; feet turn hot pink; blotching skin; blood vessels pop out
• Muscle twitching and “jumping.”; muscle pain and burning, weakness
• Constipation (new)
• Pain/burning radiating to upper right back, through shoulder & arm, down to hips/pelvis/leg
• appearance of new dark spots/moles?
• Joint pain and burning
• High blood pressure.
• Snoring; throat feels like its closing up at night when sleeping
• Tiny transient pink dots appear on neck, breast and trunk, itchy.
• When coming out of shower, knees have dark pink blotches on them.
Thyroiditis/ non-toxic goiter
• Elevated d-dimer
• Elevated PTT
• Elevated B12
• Elevated IgA
• Very low iron & iron saturation
• Varying TSH (low/ normal)
• + antibodies for: EBV, HHV-6, Babesia, equivocal for ELISA Lyme IgG/IgM
• Liver enzymes (AST/ALT) increase from 12-15 to 28 & 32 (not out of range, but high for me, compared to past studies)
I've had every kind of scan you can think of, and nothing definitive has shown up - just little things that supposedly aren't making me sick. CT chest in march, CT adbomen in June, CT neck in march and august, brain, cervical spine and thoracic spine mris.
I was on lexapro for a few years before this all ensued and I'm convinced that is what started all of this. Right now I take:
10 mg elavil
.25 mg xanax
nexium (I went all the way to Johns Hopkins to see the medical director, and came home with a script for nexium...and he never returns my phone calls. Hello! Nexium is NOT helping!)
just started trial of doxycycline. Hubbie is convinced this is Lyme. We'll see....
I know this is a long post. Thank you for taking the time to read it. Please help!
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?