All of this started a year ago with night sweats and a stiff neck, and has progressed from there. This medical issue has become so debilitating that I am on medical leave from work because my right foot swells and hurts so bad that I can't stand on it or wear a shoe. I'm a teacher, so I need to stand.
Hopefully someone can give me some direction! I've switched my PCP 4 times this year, and have been to numerous specialists - you name it, I've seen them...rhem, neuro, hema, orthopedic, PT, vascular, GI, etc...I've even been to the Mayo Clinic. They treated me like crap and I came back undiagnosed.
here is a list of my current symptoms:
• sore throat
• feeling of something in my throat, throat tightness
• metallic taste in mouth.
• intermittent cough
• intermittent night sweats
• severe itching all over body, esp right side trunk area; hypersensitive skin
• widespread burning pains
• electric-like “zaps”; pins and needles, aggravated by exercise and increased blood flow
• skin feels like sandpaper is rubbing it all over, esp right side
• Spider veins, petechiae, angiomas, strange bruising.
• New stretch marks appear on abdomen, and have increased in size and number since, esp. near appendix scar. Little hairs growing out of it too.
• Leg cramping and foot swelling (right side)
• Gallbladder polyps grow from 1 to 3.4mm in 2 months; common bile duct grows from 1 to 4mm
• cracking and crunching sounds in neck and back with movement
• severe pain along right side of body; abdominal swelling and pain
• Hands turn blue after shower; feet turn hot pink; blotching skin; blood vessels pop out
• Muscle twitching and “jumping.”; muscle pain and burning, weakness
• Constipation (new)
• Pain/burning radiating to upper right back, through shoulder & arm, down to hips/pelvis/leg
• appearance of new dark spots/moles?
• Joint pain and burning
• High blood pressure.
• Snoring; throat feels like its closing up at night when sleeping
• Tiny transient pink dots appear on neck, breast and trunk, itchy.
• When coming out of shower, knees have dark pink blotches on them.
Thyroiditis/ non-toxic goiter
• Elevated d-dimer
• Elevated PTT
• Elevated B12
• Elevated IgA
• Very low iron & iron saturation
• Varying TSH (low/ normal)
• + antibodies for: EBV, HHV-6, Babesia, equivocal for ELISA Lyme IgG/IgM
• Liver enzymes (AST/ALT) increase from 12-15 to 28 & 32 (not out of range, but high for me, compared to past studies)
I've had every kind of scan you can think of, and nothing definitive has shown up - just little things that supposedly aren't making me sick. CT chest in march, CT adbomen in June, CT neck in march and august, brain, cervical spine and thoracic spine mris.
I was on lexapro for a few years before this all ensued and I'm convinced that is what started all of this. Right now I take:
10 mg elavil
.25 mg xanax
nexium (I went all the way to Johns Hopkins to see the medical director, and came home with a script for nexium...and he never returns my phone calls. Hello! Nexium is NOT helping!)
just started trial of doxycycline. Hubbie is convinced this is Lyme. We'll see....
I know this is a long post. Thank you for taking the time to read it. Please help!