what do all these symptoms sound like in an adolescent?
- Poor social interaction. Doesn't interact with peers. Interrupts others. Smiles/laughs/cries inappropriately. Avoids talking to others. Doesn't understand small talk. When shaking head yes or no, it's over exaggerated.
- Doesn't speak to most outside of family.
- Odd gait, poor motor skills (can't tie shoes, no balance, poor handwriting...)
- Very poor executive function (won't turn in assignments unless prompted, doesn't start work unless prompted, trouble starting and finishing)
- Can't follow verbal directions/instructions; constantly asks you to repeat what you say.
- Flaps hands, rocks, etc.
- Does the same things over and over again. Pace, computer, read. Pace, computer, read. Over and over.
- Upset when routine is broken.
- During "busy" situations like school, doesn't pick up half of what anyone says.
- Very logical.
- Sensitive to sunlight, won't allow others to touch them. Can't say "I love you", etc. Excessive apologies.
- Will eat the same thing 3 times a day for weeks/months. Upset if this pattern is broken.
- Gets really close up to objects, stares and touches them oddly.
- World seems confusing.
I think it sounds like Asperger's Syndrome and selective mutism. Possibly even auditory processing disorder. Already diagnosed with social phobia, generalized anxiety and severe depression. What do you think? What can easily be ruled out? Any help is appreciated.
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?