Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Sores on genital area ??

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 24, 2007
  • 05:47 PM

I am 18 years old, and male. About last december, I noticed strange, red, tender sores at the base on my penis. At the time, I was not sexually active. I went to several doctors, who all prescribed Ketoderm, which worked for about a week, then the sores came back, usually in different places around my penis and testicles. This happened several times. Each doctor told me that if I were to have sexual intercourse, that it would not be a problem. I went to another doctor in June and he tole me that the previous medications were wrong, and he gave me a topical cream called Aldara, which does not work at all. At this time, I am sexually active, with my girlfriend.

At this time, there are two sores located on my penis, which are tender, and thicker than normal skin, but they don't hurt. Sometimes they peel, but they do not bleed anymore. They used to bleed sometimes. They are red, but sometimes they are a darker skin color.

I've read up on this at several websites, but none of the diseases listed fit the bill. Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • I think they are deciding that it is a fungus. You could get blood work for herpes 2 specific just to rule that out and not pass it on to anyone.
    Monsterlove 2921 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.