Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

skin lump

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 4 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 22, 2006
  • 09:52 PM

recently i have noticed a lump on my right buttock. in the past few days it has become harder, red, and developed a white spot in the middle. it is painful when pressure is applid to it. does anyone know what this might be?

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

  • I am not a doctor, though I am going to school to become one hopefully. I recently had periorbital cellulitis, which is essentially a staph infection around the eye and eyelid.It sounds like to me that either you have an infected hair folicle, a zit, or you have a staph infection.It is very important that you go see your family doctor because even though staph is very rarely lethal, it could get to the point that it becomes increasingly harder to treat and it could spread into other places of the body. If you notice it getting bigger every day, definately go see someone immediately. If you notice that another boil is forming you definately need to go see someone.I hope everything clears up for you. Don't be embrassed about going to the doctor for what you have. You'll feel better soon.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • December 3, 2006
    • 11:03 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • Sounds like something my mother had years ago, I think it was called a carbuncle, some kind of deep-rooted boil. Just one suggestion:confused:
    hairy45 11 Replies
    • December 4, 2006
    • 00:34 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • Sounds like a boil. If your local pharmacy doesn't carry a drawing salve, ask them if they can order it. Or ask your dr. if he has any. The drawing salve is this gross, black stuff that smells like tar. You put it on the boil, make sure you cover it with some gauze, and after a while, it should bring the boil to a head just like a pimple. Good Luck!
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • December 6, 2006
    • 06:17 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • sounds like a staph infection or a boil to me. i knew someone who went to the emergency room who had the same thing but was real big. they opened it, and doctored it up. sounds like you need to see your doctor.
    stormthornnight 16 Replies
    • December 9, 2006
    • 04:08 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.