Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Severe skin problem since Oct. 2007.I need help.

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: badhairday13
  • January 25, 2008
  • 08:40 PM

I have something going on with certain areas of my skin. I get huge red, painful, swollen things on the tops of my feet, my ankles, shins, and knees. I also get these same patches on my elbows, forearms and wrists. They itch extremely bad, are very painful and swell up to the size of golf balls. I have tried every anti-histamine known to man. I have had every tests run that my doc can think of. My kidneys are fine, liver is fine. I have no STD's. My serum tests came back with a low BUN score of 5. My blood work came back with a low score on the RDW. That score was a 10. The Neut% was high, with a score of 79.9. My Lymph% score was low, a score of 12.1. And my Neut# was high, with a score of 7.47. My doc told me it was just hives and to just take my anti-histamines every 4 hours and maybe they will go away. I have looked up hives and nowhere have I read that hives are extremely painful and my doc says they do not cause muscle weakness. When the flare ups start I can not grip anything with my hands or lift anything and I can not walk.

Please, is there anyone who can help me? I don't know what else to do. I am so afraid I have something really serious happening to me and my doc has givin up on me.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • i suggest to go back to your doctor and seeing he believes it's hives or allergy of some kind.. ask him to give you a referal to an allergy clinic or specialist. I had hives covering most of my body not long ago (nothing like what you've described!!)..and my doctor after putting me onto antihistamines and 2 different kinds of cortiosteriod creams, decided right away to refer me to allergy clinic at our cities main hospital. I cant understand why you doctor didnt do that if things as as bad as you say... or change doctors. Sounds like you have a crappy doctor. maybe you have some kind of dermatitis???? I say that as dermatitis often is found at knees, elbows, ankles (the places you are getting it at) and a doctor once told me there is different kinds of it
    taniaaust1 2267 Replies
    • January 26, 2008
    • 03:25 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.