Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Severe Knee Pain and no help workers comp

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 4 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • June 1, 2007
  • 11:22 PM

I am a 28 year old female and I recently had a filing cabinet fall on me at work and I went to the ER and they said the the X-Rays were all negative but I was still in alot of pain. I went to the workers comp docs and they gave me a month of physical therapy and that has not worked at all. I have severe knee pain as the filing cabinet fell directly on me and they did an MRI and they said that it was negative also. I know that something is wrong with my knee as I can barely bend it after a month it is still swollen and very painful and it pops when I walk. It is a battle because the workers comp docs think that I am fine and I am in alot of pain. If anyone can give me any other suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

  • You have the right, under the Workman's Comp laws, to request to see another doctor. You have to stand up and fight for yourself. Request to another doctor and another and another until they figure out what is wrong with you. Retain a lawyer if you have to- you will be amazed how fast they will move then. I had a horrible Workman's Comp experience and had to get a lawyer to have it resolved.Good luck!
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Thanks for responding to my post. I went to another doctor today and found out that I have bruising behind my knee and was given a shot of cortizone for the inflammation. This doctor agreed that I should not go back to work until I am better and that it takes time to heal. However, the workers comp people are threating to not pay me my wages that are due to me because I didn't follow up with the first doctor. I didn't go back to the first doctor because she told me that nothing was wrong with me and that I should go back to work and be off of my cruthches and they stated since I didn't comply then they are not going to pay my medical bills. Any experience with this ?
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
  • You are supposed to continue to go to the companies assigned doctor for the first 30 days. In the meantime there is a form you fill out stating that after the first 30 days following an injury - you request that your personal physician then take over. Did you handle your case in this way? If not , that's why your company is upset.Ask if you can see the worker's comp doctor again and bring the paperwork regarding the status of your injury from the doctor who gave you the injection. You may be able to resolve this. In the future, it is your right to seek a second opinion but, you must go through the proper channels first- request this in writing through the worker's comp. system.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Thank you this whole thing is a big mess. I hope that these shots will provide some type of relief as of right now I feel worse.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.