Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

right side pain for years...please help

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: swivel
  • January 4, 2007
  • 10:51 PM

i have undergone every test for every disease. they can see all of the spasms etc, but cant tell me what it is. i get referred pain all the way up through my entire right side. they gave me some blanket neurological disorder titled disease called "stiff man's" disease. The pain isn't induced by stress, but stress doesn't help. It is as if my entire midsection locks up. worst pain ever

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

  • My mom has been fighting with pain in her right side and lower back for many years. She has had many surgical procedures. The doctor's have given her many tests from ultrasounds, hydrascans, ct scans, mri's, sonagrams. The doc's continue to send her over to have test done with no results. She has had multiple surgeries in hopes of finding the problem but it always comes back. Most days the pain is manageable but then she has an episode where she has to be rushed to the hospital. The pain is still there and no one can give us an answer. Please help
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have had this pain for a while myself and a naturopathic dr. just told me that it is something called costrochondritis. Just inflammation of the connective tissue in between the rib cage. She told me to get roll on castor oil and then put that over the inflammed area, then put plastic wrap over the oil, then a flannel over the plastic wrap, and lastly a hot pack over the flannel! Do this for 30 minutes every night. hope that helps! God Bless :)
    gettin' there 3 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.