My younger sister has been sick for approximately 5 weeks now, at first we assumed that is was some sort of flu but she continues to get sick and shows no signs of improvement, and so far the doctors are unable to reach any sort of definitive diagnosis…
- Hx- Previously health 10 year old girl who has always been tiny but that is consistent with my family she is 4’2 and previously weighed 45lbs, no health concerns.
- She has experienced a severe loss of appetite and has lost 9lbs (now weighs 36 lbs.) and sometimes has a sore throat when she eats and sometimes gets a stomach ache (not consistent with any type of food-random), we push food and fluids as much as possible but she states she is not hungery
- Fatigued with minor excursion which is worsening she is unable to go to school and cannot handle more then 30-45 minutes of mild activity without exhaustion
- Her colour varies from pale to very pale upon activity and is sometimes a grey colour, more recently in the last 24 hours minor signs of oral cyanosis (blue colour)
- Vitals show oxygen saturation is not always satisfactory and has varied between 88%-97%, resting heart rate is 105-110 and increases to 120-135 upon mild excursion, blood pressure and temperature within normal limits
- Chest x-ray shows small amount of fluid in lungs and auscultation revels minor crackles in bases
- CBC normal – no increase in WBC’s as would be expected with infection though platelets are slightly raised 541 (norm 400)
- Cough that comes and goes and within the last 24 hours has began to produce white frothy sputum in copious amounts
-they have considered pneumonia but say that the amount of fluid in the lungs in very minor and does not indicate pneumonia….
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?