Anyone know about autoimmune disorders ???
I've had several different symptoms arrise over the past several years. Of course, at first, their were no visible signs, & then my bloodwork was "AOK," and scans looked fine....So, I got the favorite diagnosis, when something isn't immediately apparent. I was just depressed(didn't matter what the symptoms....Prozac would fix it. Which is very degrading, as if saying, "Here you go. What you have is an emotional need for attention, and these should help curb that.." :mad:
I'm 27 years old & female
I just noticed that I have red pin ****k dark red spots under the surface of my skin ~ Very dense around my ankles and more sparse upward, stopping maybe 3" below my knee ~ When I press my hand on my leg, and rub up my shin, these don't go away like some other light red marks, like where some hair follicles are.
Also today, when looking in the mirror, I saw some blood in my nose, which was surprising(because I've never had a "nose bleed"), and found that I have an open sore over my septum. (???)
And THESE are the other symptoms/diagnosis I've had & about when they started
Maybe some are not related to others ~ Who knows??? Well....Not the Doctors :p
* 2 yrs ago(symproms as long as I can remember) ~FINALLY, diagnosed w. Narcolepsy
* 2 yrs ~ Pain in upper right abdominal quadrant ~ GI did CT, found nothing & diagnosed as possible gal bladder pain ~ Usually just a discomfort, but 3 times have had a sudden "attack" that hurt with darn near the equivalent of child birth- Once was only for a few seconds, once was for about 5-6 hrs.(went to ER and they finally took me back for a CT scan right after it suddenly stopped hurting....found nothing), and about a week ago, for about and hour or so
* 2 yrs ~ Back, shoulders & neck pain/spasms ~ Got so severe, it forced me to walk w/ my right shoulder forward for months ~ PhD sent me to Phys. Ther. sent me to pain mgmt. ~ Series of steroid injections eventually gave me relief for several months, but not pain is coming back
& NOW...more rapidly & more recently ~
* September ~ Thought I was developing adult acne, but get these sores on my face, neck chest/sometimes they are just knots that can protrude up to an inch from my face filled with only sebum/They eventually get very infected & I have lots of scarring to skin that had never given me problems in the past
* September ~ My joints in my fingers, wrists started to hurt...sometimes- though NOT neccessarily worse in the am/BUT both sides of my body seem to be symptomatic at the same time
* Mid-October ~ Headaches nearly every day, usullay starting in the afternoon
*Mid-November ~ Joints in hips, toes started to hurt/ALSO equal on both sides...or if 1 hip hurts today, they both do. ;)
* Mid-November ~ Feet started turning purple & got itchy purple bumps on the my toes/ESPECIALLY the furthest toes, and especially near the end & they itched like CRAZY when I'd lay down at night, but coritizone cream gave me relief
* Early December ~ Started losing sensation- ESPECIALLY when sitting ~ Sometimes I don't realize that both legs or an entire arm(arms only go numb when lying down) has gone "numb" until I go to use it i.e. I go to stand up, and end up going straight to the floor(which is sometimes rather entertaining). The first time it happened, I thought I'd tripped on my chair. It wasn't until my 3rd attempt to stand, that I realized there was absolutely no sensation in my legs or feet. When the feeling gradually comes back, there is never a "pins & needles" sensation, like when something "falls asleep"
* Mid November ~ Vision started to deteriorate
* December ~ drenching night sweats
* December ~ fevers in the evenings/mostly in my torso and thighs
* January ~ White BC- 3.2 found during bloodwork
~ This is something else possibly significant ~
I go through these periods, where I'll wake up one day feeling as if I awoke in the middle of the night, and drunk a gallon of vodka...before stepping in front of a truck(one in motion... =) Every joint hurts ~ My muscles feel like I made a feeble attempt to run a marathon the day prior ~ My head is SPLITTING/literally feels as if it may "crack" ~ I'm extremely nauseus
And then I have better days...Like today....My wrists, elbows, and finger joints hurt and I have some soreness in my muscles in my arms and back, but am otherwise okay.
I do have an appt. with a different Dr. next Thurs., but I'm very reluctant to go just to have a new "clean bill of health" stamp slapped on my back, and be sent on my way....with my Prozac perscription in hand :o
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?