I have been reading this forum for some time now with interest and sincerely hope that one of you can shed some light on what ails me!
To cut a very long story short, I have been ill for years! Nothing concrete enough to say its this or that. I have seen a gastroenterologist - he said its IBS. I have had a colonoscopy, gastroscopy, laporoscopy - you name it, I've had it - eveything clear!
Main symptoms are as follows:
- crampy bloated stomach
- intermittent stabbing pains lower left (bowel area)
- haven't been able to fall pregnant in 10 years (don't use birth control!)
- increase in facial hair growth (luckily I'm blonde!)
- few days before cycle feel VERY ill - sort of out of myself so to speak
- easily irritated
- memory is shot! Have to write everything down
- no libido whatsoever
- lack of energy - don't even want to go shopping!
- head feels like cotton wool
- neck is ALWAYS sore - with burning sensations
- muscle cramps/twitches
- sore joints, especially knees (on bending) and my wrists
- extremely cold sensitive - hands/feet go numb
- tingling now and again all over body
- recurring sinus/flu/ear infections
- odd headaches (cluster headaches)
I have in the past had glandular fever, encephalitis etc. However, over the past month something has gone seriously haywire! All of a sudden I'm battling to get out of bed (no energy), having chills and then break out in a sweat. Nausea, dizziness pain in my breast bone and when I breath in deep....the list goes on and on! Went to a new doctor - deceided to try another GP and over the past month I have had tests for Lupus, Lyphoma, EBV, CMV etc. The initial CBC came back showing elevated leukocytes and lymphocytes. Then the doc ordered additional tests 2 weeks later (apparently this is how long it takes for the anti bodies for the EBV virus to show) and the tests came back positive for the EBV and CMV virus anti bodies but that it was from a past infection. The white blood cells and lymphocytes were higher still and now the eosonophils were also raised!
I went for another test (flow cytometry) and had to submit a "sample" to find any parasites! The blood tests are back but she's not phoning me until the other "sample" results come through which will probably be only in two weeks.....
PS - thyroid also tested - a little underactive but she reckons its depression....does depression make you physically ill? She also said the tests looked negative for lupus...only have one slightly swollen lymph gland (about a centimeter or so in my neck - which has been swollen for the past three years or more).
I'm seriously going out of my mind. :confused: ... can anyone, PLEASE :confused: , PLEASE help me......
Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.
Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?