Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

please please help

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 5 Replies
  • Posted By: rotties10
  • October 30, 2007
  • 00:07 PM

I am a 40 year old woman, have had for 2 months pain in my right kidney area, now things are getting worse, its my whole lower back,really bad when I try to sleep. it is on my right side, in my abdomen, feel like I'm burning up on the inside, have chills then I so hot I can't stand it, now feeling like I could vomit, feel weak, the pain is not as bad when I stand still there but better. Now for the last 3 days have had a migrane. The doctos are at a loss I've had.
cti to check for kidney stones-neg
some blood in urine and a complete urnialysis done waiting on those results.
Now the really messed up part I had a ultrsound of my gallbladder, my doctor calls and says it really bad get in right away it could rupture, I went yesterday to see a surgeon he said hes not convinced that is what it is and sends me for the urinealysis, call my regular doctor she sends me for xrays of my entire back. waiting on those results.
had a complete blood panel done all came back ok. I made an appointment in6 days to see my gynocolagyst to see if she can possible help.
I'm so ready to just jump in front of a speeding truck, I start to think no one believes me, the pain is so bad if it didn't hurt to lay down I'd never get up, I really dont want to live like this, I know the pain is real and getting worse but not sure what to do at this point.Please if anyone has any ideas I would be forever grateful..thank you

Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

  • I had flank pain (kidney area) and blood in urine so my doctor sent me to a urologist and a kidney specialist. They needed to test me for kidney and bladder cancer, which came up clear, as it turns out. However, you should probably see one of those two specialists. If they want to do a radioactive test on you, you may wish to request and ultrasound or mri instead to limit your exposure because of previous tests.Another thing. You are a bit young but you could be going through early menopause or have hormone insufficiency. Your gyno can find out. It sounds like you may be having hot flashes, and the pain could be ovarian which sometimes happens. You could also have fibroids, which your doctor should be able to identify. That would normally show up in an ultrasound if they looked but many people have fibroids so they might not have told you. If you might be having gall bladder problems, you should talk to your doctor about adjusting your diet while they do whatever tests they need to do.Good luck and God Bless. They never did find out for sure what caused my bleeding, but I did turn out to have a calcified fibroid. Sometimes finding out what you don't have is at least a relief. You clearly need some sort of pain management if this isn't something with a clear treatment. Insist. Let us know what happens.
    BesideMyself 41 Replies
    • November 3, 2007
    • 03:15 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • Try some acupuncture to kill the pain before you kill yourself.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • November 3, 2007
    • 04:07 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • Or, visit a pain clinic run by anesthesiologists. They can stop the pain with nerve blocks, nerve stimulators etc WHILE you are discovering what is wrong. Your CT should have picked up a hot gall bladder, do you have the report? I would get a second opinion from another surgeon.
    rad-skw 1,605 Replies
    • November 3, 2007
    • 10:22 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • All I can do is sympathize with you. I also have flank pain one my left side. The pain is severe and the area feels almost hard inside, but not to touch. I have been to the ER twice, a Gastro doc. who said to go to a Gyn who said it was not endometriosis (I do have a past history of it but have had everything removed and still have something producing excessive amounts of estrodiol). I went back to the Gastro doc, had a MRI, CT scan, x-rays and a colonoscopy as well as numerous other GI tests. Now I am told I need to go to an urologist. I too am at the end of my rope, the pain is horrible.I guess we just keep looking........
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 23, 2007
    • 09:37 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • Again, go see an acupuncturist while you wait for medical help.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • November 24, 2007
    • 08:38 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.

Signs of a Psoriasis Flare

Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.

How Diabetes Medications Affect Your Appetite

Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.

What to Do For Dry Mouth

Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.

The Painkiller – Constipation Connection

Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.

9 Signs of Sensitive Skin

Is it sensitive skin or something else?